Page 3 of 8 (147 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 146 Replies | 15 Followers

Posts 136
Mark Johns | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2020 7:10 PM

The Ryrie Study Bible finally migrated over to my LOGOS this weekend.
Hope you get yours to working.  For some reason the Treasures Commentaries
by Rod Mattoon are taking their time migrating over though.  I miss that one,
but trust that Logos(faithlife) will come thru in the end.....

Mark

Posts 43
depdad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2020 12:34 PM

Thank you so much for the information, Ben.

Posts 9098
LogosEmployee

Today we published another batch of almost 400 Faithlife Ebooks converted from Wordsearch resources. (These are new in Logos format, not updates of any existing Ebooks we've already published.)

Posts 3168
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 3:59 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Today we published another batch of almost 400 Faithlife Ebooks converted from Wordsearch resources. (These are new in Logos format, not updates of any existing Ebooks we've already published.)

Thank you 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 4
Tim C Muehe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 8:37 PM

Thanks Bradley! I assume the Tony Evans Bible Commentary is one of the ones to be converted from an ebook to Logos format?

Posts 620
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 12:37 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Randall Cue:

Dave, when I click on the link you provided I get this message 

Your Wordsearch library isn’t in Logos yet.

Your Wordsearch account used a different email address. As per https://blog.wordsearchbible.com/2020/09/24/9-reasons-you-might-not-see-your-books-yet-and-what-to-do-about-it/, this means your accounts aren't linked automatically.

I've merged your WS account into your Faithlife account, so your licenses and books should be showing up now.

Thank you Bradley.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 212
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2020 11:30 AM

My most important purchase with Wordsearch was "The Complete Bible Library" (both old and new Testaments). This is besides all the other books that were part of my Wordsearch 10 Library. 

In your opinion, when will I begin to see these  books and Library transfers into my Logos account? 

Thank you, 

Joseph Luna

Posts 102
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2020 11:50 AM

Any Word on Thompson Chain? Its annoying having to have WS and Logos run simultaneously, although the second monitor helps

Posts 9098
LogosEmployee

Joseph Luna:

My most important purchase with Wordsearch was "The Complete Bible Library" (both old and new Testaments). This is besides all the other books that were part of my Wordsearch 10 Library. 

In your opinion, when will I begin to see these  books and Library transfers into my Logos account? 

It looks like your Wordsearch account used a different email address. I've merged it into your Faithlife account, so Wordsearch books should start appearing in Logos soon.

Posts 9098
LogosEmployee

The Flanary's:

Any Word on Thompson Chain? Its annoying having to have WS and Logos run simultaneously, although the second monitor helps

Sorry, we don't have any more specific dates for particular resources than our overall goal of converting them all by the end of the year.

Posts 1103
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2020 6:45 PM

OK, a lot of WS resources need to be integrated into Logos and that will take time.

It seems that Logos is waiting until they have a lot done before they download the final versions.  Is it possible they can download them as they get them?  

If they finish 5 books a week, can they download those 5?  

Many WS commentaries, for example, are listed as monographs.  Not helpful if you are looking for those commentaries.

Thank  you

Posts 32544
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2020 8:53 PM

Larry Craig:

Is it possible they can download them as they get them?  

It is their standard practice to release as they go. What makes you think they won't?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4568
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2020 3:48 AM

Larry Craig:

OK, a lot of WS resources need to be integrated into Logos and that will take time.

It seems that Logos is waiting until they have a lot done before they download the final versions.  Is it possible they can download them as they get them?  

Many WS commentaries, for example, are listed as monographs.  Not helpful if you are looking for those commentaries.

Thank  you

WS is still operational so I would continue to use that until your resources get switched over. Logos is doing their best. Switching resources to commentaries takes time as verses and milestones need to be annotated as well as the resource viewed in its entirety to make sure it is acceptable. No easy task. 

Posts 1103
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2020 9:08 AM

I was happy when the two merged, because I wasn't using WS as much.

But my question still remains.

I would rather they downloaded a few books a week rather than 200 at one time.

There are so many books, I am sure they are completing several a week.

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2020 12:48 PM

Larry Craig:

I was happy when the two merged, because I wasn't using WS as much.

But my question still remains.

I would rather they downloaded a few books a week rather than 200 at one time.

There are so many books, I am sure they are completing several a week.

Hi Larry,

If you open up the Program Settings in Logos and scroll down to the Internet section you can turn Download New Resources to No. Now the resources will still show up in your library, but they won't take up space on your HardDrive. You can then download the ones you want.

As far as when resource updates are published, resource updates are shipped every two weeks and done in a batch. They don't ship them one at a time or a few at a time.

I hope this helps,

Philana

Posts 1103
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2020 12:58 PM

thank you

that was helpful

Posts 136
Mark Johns | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2020 8:16 AM

Bradley,

Noticed that the migration of books has slowed somewhat.

Nothing for a couple days now.  But Thats ok.]

However, any idea how long before I get the following which I own:
(1)Mattoon's Treasures - Old and New Testament
(2)NIV New Testament Commentary - by Standard Publishing

The other 250 books still out there I am not so worried about, but I sure miss the above two collections.
Use them quite often, especially Mattoon's..

Thanks,

Mark Johns

Posts 9098
LogosEmployee

Sorry, we don't have any more specific dates for particular resources than our overall goal of converting them all by the end of the year.

Posts 136
Mark Johns | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2020 3:39 AM

Thanks Bradley....

Good things come to those who wait.

Sorry for my impatience.  Getting a new

Bible program is like being a kid in a candy store!

Maybe by Dec 25th?  You don't even have to put

it in my stocking!  Big Smile

Posts 369
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2020 11:56 AM

Patience is something I don't use very often. But I waited and continued to use WS until about a week or so ago.  Now most of my stuff works in Logos....Some books have not been started yet... but I already see a lot of work has gone on. Thanks.

I started back with QuickVerse with Craig Rearden... and it is amazing how Bible software has evolved. Love it!!

xn = Christan  man=man

Page 3 of 8 (147 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS