Page 7 of 8 (147 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >
This post has 146 Replies | 15 Followers

Posts 34
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 3:40 PM

Thanks, it doesn't work at all. I did see in another forum that a working version is slated for end of next month. I guess we shall see...

Posts 113
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 3:47 PM

Jeff Frazier:

Thanks, it doesn't work at all. I did see in another forum that a working version is slated for end of next month. I guess we shall see...

Doesn't work like doesn't load? Or doesn't give the expected results? Or doesn't have some feature you need? 

There are plenty of people here who would be happy to help. The reason creating a new thread was suggested is so we don't clutter this one and someone else having the same problem can find help more easily from Goodle.

Posts 1100
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 4:05 PM

It means that you can read the book.  

Posts 112
Darrell Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 6:06 PM

Jeff Frazier:

I think that I will simply keep my old WordSearch program and use it till it falls apart. Maybe by then, Tecarta or some other bible-software company will emerge as a competitor to Logos and its slow, clunky software.

It seems you are using WS on Windows (or Mac pre-Catalina). If so, that is a good solution for you. Unfortunately, Mac users had been left high and dry since late 2019 due to WS being unable to issue a working program for Catalina (link refers). That was a very long time that they were unable to use what they had, like you, paid money for. Thus WS was only fully functional on Windows. The WS mobile apps were only bare-bones and glitchy. 

https://wordsearchbible.lifeway.com/catalina

Posts 5346
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 6:41 PM

Jeff Frazier:

However, the issue I'm having is the resources imported to Logos from WS are all broken. Either they don't work, or their functionality is extremely poor compared to WS. For example, my Dake commentary was split into three resources, and none of them work. All of them are missing books, table of contents, and they're impossible to navigate.

My copy of Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkin works, but it too was split into two resources. None of Larkin's many charts are linked to the text from which they were gleaned. Therefore, if I want to view the related drawing, I have to navigate through a slideshow of images that link back to nothing. In WS, the resource had the drawings and charts embedded into the text, just like the actual book did.

Thank you for telling us what the issue is.

Posts 19252
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 8:26 PM

Jeff Frazier:
My copy of Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkin works, but it too was split into two resources. None of Larkin's many charts are linked to the text from which they were gleaned. Therefore, if I want to view the related drawing,

Welcome Big Smile

Suggest opening both Dispensational Truth resources by Clarence Larkin along with setting send hyperlinks here in the Charts resource (three dots menu on right side)

Larkin textual resource has hyperlinks to Charts resource so clicking blue link can send navigation change to open Charts resource (with Send Hyperlinks here). If Charts resource is not open, then clicking textual link causes chart to open in a new tab.

FYI: Thankful for many friendly forum and Faithlife discussions: have learned a lot plus have a lot to learn. 

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 19252
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 26 2021 8:52 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Larkin textual resource has hyperlinks to Charts resource

Basic search of Larkin textual resource for Chart found four chart results missing hyperlinks to Chart resource so used Right Click => Report Typo (Comment included Chart URL)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 34
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 27 2021 7:38 PM

Thank you.

Posts 34
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 7:50 AM

Does anyone have an update on this? Someone else on this forum said maybe by the end of February, 2021. Can you or anyone else confirm this? I am still missing The KJV Study Bible (Holman), and the website did say that it would be one of the resources migrated to Logos.

Posts 34
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2021 7:54 AM

Thanks again, but it didn't work for me. My old WordSearch version had the charts embedded in the body of the text, just like the original book did. By clicking on one of the embedded charts, you could expand and/or print it. This seems like a lot of extra end-user navigation to do when the original simply worked simply.

Posts 34
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 10:17 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Jeff Frazier:
My copy of Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkin works, but it too was split into two resources. None of Larkin's many charts are linked to the text from which they were gleaned. Therefore, if I want to view the related drawing,

Welcome Big Smile

Suggest opening both Dispensational Truth resources by Clarence Larkin along with setting send hyperlinks here in the Charts resource (three dots menu on right side)

Larkin textual resource has hyperlinks to Charts resource so clicking blue link can send navigation change to open Charts resource (with Send Hyperlinks here). If Charts resource is not open, then clicking textual link causes chart to open in a new tab.

FYI: Thankful for many friendly forum and Faithlife discussions: have learned a lot plus have a lot to learn. 

Keep Smiling Smile

My version is the one imported from WordSearch. My two imported resources (i.e., charts and text) were a single resource in WS, won't link together. Does anyone know if/when Logos plans to integrate these two?

Posts 2
Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 9 2021 7:27 AM

@Faithlife-Team:

When is the plan to have this title available?

13:2 Andrew Wommack's Living Commentary - February 2019

Can it be also purchased by users that didn't own Wordsearch?

Thanks Smile

Posts 5306
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 9 2021 9:45 AM

Thomas:

@Faithlife-Team:

When is the plan to have this title available?

13:2 Andrew Wommack's Living Commentary - February 2019

Can it be also purchased by users that didn't own Wordsearch?

Thanks Smile

Greetings Thomas and welcome to the forums. Seeing your post I logged onto logos.com and searched the product page. It seems that Logos do not currently stock any books by Andrew Wommack. Amazon does have a number of his publications but none with the title 'Living Commentary'.

A cursory glance at Google gave me the impression that the Living Commentary is in a state of constant flux because Mr Wommack edits and adds to it as he is inspired.

Is this the case?

How would such a publication be maintained on a platform such as Logos?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 2
Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 9 2021 10:44 AM

Hi Mike

Thank you for your fast message. The integration of the wordsearch software does contain the Living commentary. Yes it is still a commentary in progress, but it seems that logos is about to add the version of Feb 2019. Status = in progress. See here:

https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog

So for me it would be good to know when the plan is to finish this and if everybody can purchase it :-)

An older version is better than no version for me at the moment :-)

Posts 5306
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 9 2021 11:23 AM

I was never a WordSearch user Thomas.

My reply was aimed at pointing you in the direction of finding answers to your questions directly.

The answers seem to me to be...

Nobody can purchase it at present because Faithlife do not stock it.

It is unlikely that you will find out when the resource will be made available however, Faithlife is committed to bringing every resource possible (or practical) to the Logos programme in due course.

It is most likely that, having gone to the trouble of making a resource compatible with the software, Faithlife will make the resource available to all users.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 35
J Peter Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 9 2021 11:33 AM

Hi Mike

I purchased the Andrew Wommack Ministries Living Commentary to use on my previous WORDsearch software alongside the other Bible commentaries that I already had.

I was told by WORDsearch that even though they were hosting the Living Commentary software it could now only be purchased directly from Andrew Wommack Ministries and so I bought it from the UK offices of AWM.

About two years ago it was announced by Andrew Wommack Ministries that they were transferring the Living Commentary to their own software.

They offered existing users, including me, to transfer to their own branded Living Commentary software for FREE and that their own version would continually be updated.

The Living Commentary version still left on WORDsearch was 'frozen' and not updated.

I therefore now use my LOGOS 9 software and, when needed, the LIVING COMMENTARY software. - https://awme.net/living-commentary

I trust that this is of help.

Blessings

Posts 35
J Peter Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2021 7:36 AM

Hello Thomas

I purchased the Andrew Wommack Ministries Living Commentary direct from the UK offices to use on my previous WORDsearch software alongside the other Bible commentaries that I already had.

About two years ago it was announced by Andrew Wommack Ministries that they were transferring the Living Commentary to their own software.

I took up the FREE offer to move to their own branded Living Commentary where their own version would continually be updated. The Living Commentary version still left on WORDsearch was 'frozen' and not updated.

I now use my extensive range of Bibles and commentaries on LOGOS software alongside the LIVING COMMENTARY software. You will find further details at - https://awme.net/living-commentary As I read it if you were a former WORDsearch user of the Living Commentary, you should be able to get the FREE update from either the UK or US website

I trust that this is of help.

Blessings

Posts 5306
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2021 7:58 AM

Thanks for this information J Peter, it does throw a little light on the matter.

Again, just out for my own interest...

You seem to have gone to a good deal of trouble to maintain access to this Commentary when you have as you say an extensive range of commentaries in Logos.

What is it about this particular commentary that makes it so valuable?

Given that the edition that might be made available to Logos users is frozen some years in the past -- would it still be of value to the Worship Leader who uses Logos to access their resources?

tootle pip

Mike

Posts 35
J Peter Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 11 2021 1:08 AM

I started using several Bible Commentaries back in the 1990s when I became involved in working to get Christian radio services access to firstly FM, which we didn't succeed, and then to DAB, which we did. I, therefore, had to speak at a large number of churches and also to members of both Houses of Parliament. 

That is when I found having a wide choice of Bible Commentaries helped me in putting together either church talks or to have a knowledge of Scripture that has enabled me to speak in public and to lobby legislators.

I am now officially retired, though we never retire as Christians and the main Bible Commentaries that I now use are - The Bible for Everyone Commentary - John Goldingay & N T Wright, Living Commentary (as it is updated regularly) - Andrew Wommack, Open the Bible Page by Page OT & NT Commentary - David Payne & others, Thru the Bible Commentary - J Vernon McGee in addition to Matthew Henry.

That's my take on the matter and I trust that it helps inform your decision.

Blessings 

Posts 2
Michael John Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2021 6:22 AM

Hi 

i have been encouraged to write to you regarding My "Rod Mattoon books" from Wordsearch which have not been delivered yet.

Thank you 

Mike Kinch 

Page 7 of 8 (147 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > | RSS