Blessings in Christ.

Posts 4138
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 6:06 PM

That is a wonderful gift from MP.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 13
Ruben Sandoval | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 11:40 PM

Hey Fam!

If you're new to Logos you really should check these out. 
It really is like learning how to dance: Take some time to learn the basics and stuff starts to open up for you.

Plus Doc Proctor is a fun dude to learn from.

Posts 3
Joey Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 8:59 AM

This is awesome! However, I have a class during this time. Is there anyway these webinar are on demand? I have already been playing with Logos and figuring it out but still would be nice if I can take advantage of this.

Posts 760
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 10:04 AM

Joey - In the past all the webinars have been archived so you can view them anytime. I assume these will be the same.

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 9483
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 10:33 AM

Jerry Bush:

Joey - In the past all the webinars have been archived so you can view them anytime. I assume these will be the same.

Yes, they probably will be. I think its best to register for each seminar so you'll get the notification and link to the archived seminar in your email.

Morris usually has some special savings to offer at the end of his seminars - a collection of Logos books at a special price and special pricing on a year of Logos training. No telling if he'll do that this time.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3
Joey Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 10:38 AM

Thanks everyone! I went ahead and registered and will see if I can view later, just in case. Thanks for the suggestion.

Posts 9483
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 10:38 AM

Ruben Sandoval:
If you're new to Logos you really should check these out. 

Morris is always well-prepared and does not waste your time. You get a lot in one hour. One of the best trainers I've ever listened to.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 102
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 11:04 AM

Is this the "Morris Proctor" from the "Quickstart for Logos 8" video series I found in my library after the WS changeover?
If so, this guy is great. His video's should be stickied to every new Logos users start page.
I had basically gave up on anything more than just reading/ searching in Logos, but his video set restored hope. (I've now found the "LT:271 Jonah" tutorial series, by the Logos Pro team, which is really helping with some more advanced stuff. I still havent got the hang of Sermon editor from the "Help" video's, but my hopes are improving.
  I don't need the slides in Sermon Editor, but I do make handouts. The problem I have is that when I tag something for handout, it vanishes from "Text", it also shows up as only a reference on the handout page, which defeats my intent. I print scripture as handouts for my class as I use massive amounts of scripture, looking up each one would double class time (or maybe triple some weeks). If I have to type the verse 2x to get it in both places, then I just as well keep making them in MS Word.

Posts 4138
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 11:09 AM

It is the same Morris Proctor :). I too highly recommend his stuff.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 7
Earl Tipton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 2:30 PM

Tes, allow me to add a hearty endorsement for Morris Proctor's training materials. I floundered with Logos for several years and was quite frustrated by my inability to intuitively master the Logos app. Finally, I attended a couple of his free webinars and immediately began to appreciate and utilize the power of the app. IMHO, it was worth it to pay for the monthly subscription, which opened up many, many hours of training videos targeting specific features. Welcome to the Logos community.

Posts 3169
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 4:12 PM

I knew little about the capacity and power of Logos software until I have watched the videos  of Morris. I can say Morris has opened my eyes by watching the videos. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 102
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2020 1:36 PM

Did his "quickstart" in the library, then watched the 3 webinars, now I'm using his code to work through what I can on mpseminars. 
The man is a great teacher. In just over a week I am almost more comfortable with Logos than I was with Wordsearch in the past decade.
Currently I'm working through his "Camp Logos 1"
So far it has cost me nothing but time.

Posts 2125
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2020 2:00 PM

For anyone who missed them, you can still watch the three recordings for free.

Posts 4
Rich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2020 8:27 AM

I had to register on the site and am awaiting confirmation

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS