Page 1 of 9 (166 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 165 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 8691
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 21 2020 7:45 PM

We've created a page that shows the progress of your personal Wordsearch library being migrated to Logos: https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration 

• Available means that the resource has been unlocked to your account and should download to Logos 8. It does not mean that a product page exists on logos.com for Logos users to buy this book yet. It does not mean that this is the final version of the resource; we're upgrading the edition of many of these resources from Ebook to Logos Reader or Logos Research: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/193938.aspx 
  • In Progress means that a Logos Resource ID has been identified or created and aligned with the Wordsearch title, but no file is available yet. It may still be on Community Pricing or Pre-Pub (but you will get it for free when it's available).
  • Not Started means that that alignment hasn't happened yet, but we have a record of your ownership.

As of Sep 21, not all licenses have been loaded into our system yet, so some of your Wordsearch titles may be missing from the list. For now, please be patient, wait a day or two, and check back. We'll update this post when we believe that everyone's licenses are loaded into our system.

Some Book IDs may show up as "Unknown" in the list. This means that we're still updating our resource system with information from Wordsearch's system; those should be replaced by real titles in the near future.

Finally, we also have a list of all known Wordsearch titles (not filtered by your ownership) if you would like to see the status of any particular book: https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog 

Posts 552
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 7:57 PM

Thanks Bradley! This is extremely helpful to see this!

It is interesting that titles tagged as "available" to me will display in the Logos web app, but if I try to open in the software, it says I do not own a license to this resource. I'll just be patient  and keep checking back. Thanks again.

Posts 8691
LogosEmployee

If they show up in the Library in Logos 8 (desktop) then you do have a license for them. Perhaps they've been configured as "Cloud Resources" and not downloaded to your computer? You can filter the Library to resources not on this computer, Select All, then download them (from the Info Panel in the Library).

See https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025106492-Select-Which-Library-Resources-to-Download for more training on how to use Cloud Resources (which is a way to save disk space if you don't want everything downloaded locally).

Posts 552
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 8:51 PM

Thanks for the reply, Bradley, but Logos 8 is not indicating I have resources on that are not on my hard drive. You said that if a resource is tagged "Available," it should download, right? I executed the Update Now command, but it said there is nothing to download.

Posts 2042
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 9:19 PM

None of mine are loaded in yet.

Nathan Parker

Posts 8691
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 10:06 PM

David P. Moore:

Thanks for the reply, Bradley, but Logos 8 is not indicating I have resources on that are not on my hard drive. You said that if a resource is tagged "Available," it should download, right? I executed the Update Now command, but it said there is nothing to download.

Just to confirm: they're shown as "Available" on the library migration page, you can access them in the web app, your Library in Logos 8 shows them downloaded, but when you open them in Logos 8 it says you don't have a license?

I'm not sure what would be causing that, so I'll have to follow up with the teams tomorrow.

Posts 26
John W Gillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 10:17 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
you can access them in the web app, your Library in Logos 8 shows them downloaded, but when you open them in Logos 8 it says you don't have a license?

That's not exactly what I'm seeing tonight, but close. I can open newly "available" ebooks in the web app, but clicking the "open in Verbum" button that pops up causes Verbum 8 desktop to tell me I don't have a license:

Posts 23210
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 12:05 AM

David P. Moore:

Does the command update resources achieve anything?

Posts 3
Lee Murdoch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 3:54 AM

Nor mine Nathan. Hopefully they won’t be long.

Posts 26
John W Gillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 4:28 AM

you can access them in the web app, your Library in Logos 8 shows them downloaded, but when you open them in Logos 8 it says you don't have a license?

I was seeing this behavior with the newly "available" ebooks last night, but they downloaded overnight, and are accessible now on the desktop. 

Posts 116
Colin A Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 4:50 AM

My WS Library is not being recognised ... in fact my acct show as not recognised.

help!

Posts 153
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 6:20 AM

Bradley, I'm just seeing 'You have no resources imported from Wordsearch' on the migration page. I communicated my Wordsearch email details to customer services and got confirmation that it had been associated to my Logos account on the 19th September. I assume it's just a matter of waiting for things to update?

Posts 6644
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 6:23 AM

Dave try typing "update now" in the command box.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 3
Adam Troutt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 6:40 AM

I'm in the same boat as Dave. Multiple "update now" commands haven't changed anything. It's not urgent for me. I'll keep using WS and just check back over the next few days to see if/when my library appears.

Posts 23
Kathleen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 7:10 AM

When I go to this page I get a totally different result.  I get "You have no resources imported from Wordsearch."  So what does that mean?  Should I be concerned?  And what should I do?  I feel like I am getting a mixed message when I am told to be patient.  I am  told again and again that most of my resources should already be available (but none of them are), and that all of them should be within days.  I got a personal note saying that my name was not in the first batch sent over so  my licenses haven't been started yet.  Still, I feel  it is a mixed messages, especially in light of the below quoted forum note.  None of the messages apply to me.  I didn't get any of them.  Please can someone give me a clear and not a mixed message about where  my resources are?

We've created a page that shows the progress of your personal Wordsearch library being migrated to Logos: https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration 

• Available means that the resource has been unlocked to your account and should download to Logos 8. It does not mean that a product page exists on logos.com for Logos users to buy this book yet. It does not mean that this is the final version of the resource; we're upgrading the edition of many of these resources from Ebook to Logos Reader or Logos Research: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/193938.aspx 
  • In Progress means that a Logos Resource ID has been identified or created and aligned with the Wordsearch title, but no file is available yet. It may still be on Community Pricing or Pre-Pub (but you will get it for free when it's available).
  • Not Started means that that alignment hasn't happened yet, but we have a record of your ownership.

As of Sep 21, not all licenses have been loaded into our system yet, so some of your Wordsearch titles may be missing from the list. For now, please be patient, wait a day or two, and check back. We'll update this post when we believe that everyone's licenses are loaded into our system.

Some Book IDs may show up as "Unknown" in the list. This means that we're still updating our resource system with information from Wordsearch's system; those should be replaced by real titles in the near future.

Finally, we also have a list of all known Wordsearch titles (not filtered by your ownership) if you would like to see the status of any particular book: https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog 

Posts 8691
LogosEmployee

Kathleen:
When I go to this page I get a totally different result.  I get "You have no resources imported from Wordsearch."  So what does that mean?

It means what I posted here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/193925/1118016.aspx#1118016 

Sorry to bring some disappointing news, but we haven't loaded your Wordsearch licenses into our system yet. (They ended up coming to us in multiple batches, and yours weren't in the first batch.) We're working hard to resolve this as quickly as possible; thanks for your patience.

Kathleen:
Should I be concerned?  And what should I do?

No, don't be concerned. Your licenses will be loaded into our system soon. Until then, there's nothing to do but wait, sorry.

Kathleen:
I feel like I am getting a mixed message when I am told to be patient.  I am  told again and again that most of my resources should already be available (but none of them are), and that all of them should be within days.

Yes, that was a mixed message, and we apologise for the confusion. We did not realise (when we sent out the first email) that we would be receiving user licenses in several batches. If we had known that, we would have phrased the email differently.

Now that they are coming to us in separate batches, it is just taking a little longer for us to import them than we expected, but I do still anticipate it happening within the next couple of days.

Posts 552
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 7:59 AM

Just to confirm: they're shown as "Available" on the library migration page, you can access them in the web app, your Library in Logos 8 shows them downloaded, but when you open them in Logos 8 it says you don't have a license?

Bradley, yes, they show as Available on the migration page, and yes, they show up in the web app, but no, Logos 8 does not show them as downloaded. 

When I click on Available on the migration page, it opens in the web app, then I get a pop-up window that asks if I want to open in on L8, and when I click yes, it goes to the software and launches a tab that says I do not have a license to this resource.

So this is confusing me as to what "unlocked" actually means if I can see it on one platform but not another.

Posts 552
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 7:59 AM

Bradley, yes, they show as Available on the migration page, and yes, they show up in the web app, but no, Logos 8 does not show them as downloaded. 

When I click on Available on the migration page, it opens in the web app, then I get a pop-up window that asks if I want to open in on L8, and when I click yes, it goes to the software and launches a tab that says I do not have a license to this resource.

So this is confusing me as to what "unlocked" actually means if I can see it on one platform but not another.

Posts 552
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 8:02 AM

Graham Criddle:
Does the command update resources achieve anything?

Hi Graham, it did not. It said it found nothing to update. I have received a few WS titles (about 25), but my WS library was over 500 titles. I'm seeing a lot of them on the web app now, but not sure how to get them on the L8 software platform.

Posts 23210
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 8:10 AM

David P. Moore:
I'm seeing a lot of them on the web app now, but not sure how to get them on the L8 software platform.

I don't understand why that would be the case.

Bradley - above - said he would check with the teams working on this. Hopefully they will find something.

Page 1 of 9 (166 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS