Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 35538
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 23 2020 7:09 PM

Note the Bible Sense Lexicon:

First lemma has a count of 3.

Run the search:

This has a count of 4 but notice Ex 10:6 shows under a different lemma in the BSL.

BIG ERROR: It appears that the BSL used the surface text rather than the lemma. The same error occurs on the mouse-over pop-up information card for grandfather in the visualization.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25762
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 11:06 PM

MJ. Smith:
The same error occurs on the mouse-over pop-up information card for grandfather in the visualization.

I think this is the key point

The popup doesn't match the lemma shown

Posts 136
LogosEmployee

In the left panel of the BSL, multi-word items are broken down into their individual parts because we do not have multi-word representations elsewhere in the software, but sense search does not use the surface text in this case.

Four results show up because the sense does intersect that lemma four times. It just happens that one of the times that the sense intersects with the lemma it is a part of a multi-word item. The Hebrew lemma אָב can mean grandfather on its own or the phrase אֲב֣וֹת אֲבֹתֶ֔י "father's father" can mean grandfather, but this is essentially just a phrase duplicating the Hebrew lemma אָב.

Posts 35538
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 3:33 PM

Thanks Jeremy. I'd known that lexical units of more than one graphical "word" were not a strong point of Logos. As I don't read Hebrew, I didn't think to apply that knowledge here.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS