Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 48 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 32549
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2021 9:14 PM

Jeff Frazier:
The Logos web app even struggles to load pages. I am very disappointed that they turned something very simple and easy to use into a fragmented mess that will not load properly half of the time. The Logos 8 app was extremely slow and clunky. Who cares which features it has if it fails to perform basic functions well?

What on earth are you trying to run it on? What are your specs? Or do you live on the outskirts of the boondocks where connectivity is questionable? (don't laugh -- I have relatives that do). Most of us have no problem with it loading, and do not find the app slow and clunky.  We do find it sloppy and inconsistent but that's a far different story.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9101
LogosEmployee

The Dake resources, in particular, because they were automatically converted from Wordsearch have over 1MB of content in a single "article" (named "Title Page"); this is likely not going to perform well in the web app.

This will be fixed in the updated version of the resources that are ready to publish. We almost resolved all the issues that stopped them being published today, but ran into one final snag. I'm hopeful that can be fixed tomorrow.

Posts 1555
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2021 10:16 AM

Updated versions of Dake's Topics and Dake's Annotated Reference Bible were published this morning.

Posts 34
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2021 11:23 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Updated versions of Dake's Topics and Dake's Annotated Reference Bible were published this morning.

Thank you. It is finally working! Also, thanks for actually helping to fix the issue rather than giving me the troll answers I've been getting from others who ignore everyone else who has been saying this resource was broken.

Posts 34
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2021 11:36 AM

MJ. Smith:

Jeff Frazier:
The Logos web app even struggles to load pages. I am very disappointed that they turned something very simple and easy to use into a fragmented mess that will not load properly half of the time. The Logos 8 app was extremely slow and clunky. Who cares which features it has if it fails to perform basic functions well?

What on earth are you trying to run it on? What are your specs? Or do you live on the outskirts of the boondocks where connectivity is questionable? (don't laugh -- I have relatives that do). Most of us have no problem with it loading, and do not find the app slow and clunky.  We do find it sloppy and inconsistent but that's a far different story.

Please see the conversation below. The issue, which was real, has been resolved. It had nothing to do with my OS nor my Internet speed. It was a known issue, and it has finally been resolved. In the future, it would behoove you to enlighten yourself of facts such as those rather than making assumptions. In this case, all of your assumptions were incorrect, and you would've known that had you done a little research of your own rather than firing off pithy remarks to me.

Posts 34
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2021 11:37 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

The Dake resources, in particular, because they were automatically converted from Wordsearch have over 1MB of content in a single "article" (named "Title Page"); this is likely not going to perform well in the web app.

This will be fixed in the updated version of the resources that are ready to publish. We almost resolved all the issues that stopped them being published today, but ran into one final snag. I'm hopeful that can be fixed tomorrow.

Fixed! Thank you for helping rather than blaming me for the issue.

Posts 32549
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2021 2:40 PM

Jeff Frazier:
Please see the conversation below.

I did when it was posted. If you had said that a particular resource rather than the entire app had a problem, I would have given a very different response -- much more similar to Bradley's.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 34
Jeff Frazier | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2021 10:33 AM

MJ. Smith:

Jeff Frazier:
Please see the conversation below.

I did when it was posted. If you had said that a particular resource rather than the entire app had a problem, I would have given a very different response -- much more similar to Bradley's.

What are you talking about? I did say that it was this particular app. In fact, this entire forum is about the Dake resource. It wouldn't run on any computer nor on the web app before, but now it is fixed. 

Posts 5323
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2021 2:00 AM

Jeff Frazier:
I did say that it was this particular app. In fact, this entire forum is about the Dake resource. It wouldn't run on any computer nor on the web app before, but now it is fixed.

Good morning Jeff (at least that is what it is here in the UK)

It seems that there are some cross wires due to understanding of terms. For most users here would have this understanding 

App = the Logos Engine

Forum = the "Wordsearch Bible Software" forum and all the "threads" therein.

Thread = the list of posts on one particular subject with the same heading (in this case "Dake topics incomplete".

Resource = a particular publication (In this case 'Dake topics'.

I do wish James had been more specific about email when he wrote about the use of the tongue but hey ho.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS