mike | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 25 2020 7:48 PM

My body and my wallet is ready...

Posts 1006
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 7:56 PM

We're still digesting 8.9999ws.

Posts 30200
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 8:45 PM

Please don't release it until it works .... don't ask what premature release reminds me of this election cycle.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 269
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 9:17 PM

Nothing premature about a 77 year old and a 74 year old! Immature perhaps...

Posts 4412
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2020 12:52 PM

mike:

My body and my wallet is ready...

But is the software?

I wouldn't expect L9 to come out while the WS customer discounts for L8 are still in force. I could be wrong, of course.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2020 1:59 PM

Release it when its right. Don't jump the gun and release an unfinished product.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 1930
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 6:56 PM

abondservant:

Release it when its right. Don't jump the gun and release an unfinished product.

They'll never get everything right at any releases. Plus this year is even gonna be worse...they never released the "new features" to the Logos Connect members where users can help them to squish out the bugs. And I don't think a few of "Star MVP Members" like Mark Barnes who participates in closed beta able to find everything.

So...Bob, Phil...release L9 already. AANNNDD.... continue future new features releases for Connect Members.

Posts 30200
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 8:16 PM

mike:
And I don't think a few of "Star MVP Members" like Mark Barnes who participates in closed beta able to find everything.

You apparently missed Mark Barnes' announcement of his new job and resignation from most Faithlife involvement. He will be missed.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 8:23 PM

MJ. Smith:

mike:
And I don't think a few of "Star MVP Members" like Mark Barnes who participates in closed beta able to find everything.

You apparently missed Mark Barnes' announcement of his new job and resignation from most Faithlife involvement. He will be missed.

I missed that too!

He will be missed.

Also mike - "its going to be bad any way, so release it now and get it over with" is kinda like saying "the pancakes are still raw, lets just eat the batter and get it over with".

Yuck. no thanks. lets give them the time to make decent pancakes.

Probably not going to happen either way before the end of the wordsearch discounts, if I had to guess.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 11319
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 8:36 PM

abondservant:

Maybe next year or the next .... just keep the hot deals coming. Maybe WS resources instead of L9.

Surprised the Connectors have to wait. Maybe release L9 to the Connectors.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1472
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 9:18 PM

MJ. Smith:

mike:

When was that announcement. I don’t see in his forum history. He will be missed. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 889
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 9:29 PM

I just hope they give us adequate warning to prepare.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Diamond

Posts 1318
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 6:57 AM

Wild Eagle:

When was that announcement. I don’t see in his forum history. He will be missed. 

Ditto.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 82
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 7:21 AM

MJ. Smith:

Can some kind soul point me to it??  Thank you.

Posts 1930
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 9:33 AM

Quick googling says that Mark quit his pastoral job and took a job at Samaritans Purse. 
However that doesn’t mean that he quit playing with Logos and not involved with Beta stuffs. 

Posts 6685
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 9:52 AM

David Wanat:

Logos does not give advance notice. One day you look at their site in the morning and you see it is down for updates and then you see the new page and they announce the new software.

On the two year track, (September is finished) October - December is realistic. 

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 889
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 11:14 AM

Lynden Williams:

David Wanat:

Logos does not give advance notice. One day you look at their site in the morning and you see it is down for updates and then you see the new page and they announce the new software.

On the two year track, (September is finished) October - December is realistic. 

True. I had forgotten. Seems to me though that if they did give advanced warning, they might find people saved up for a bigger purchase, so I can’t say I understand their logic.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Diamond

Posts 6685
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 1:18 PM

WinkDavid the scripture says to covet the best gifts. Include me in your will for a portion of your Logos library.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 545
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 1:26 PM

MJ. Smith:

Please don't release it until it works.

This is all that needs to be said. 

Carpe verbum.

Posts 56
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 2:23 PM

Any interactions with CS have been so delayed since the Wordsearch acquisition that I would be really surprised if they have the bandwidth to release L9 right now. November would be my guess. 

Page 1 of 3 (55 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS