Cost Effective Ways of Upgrading to Higher Base Package

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Derek Gentle | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 29 2020 3:24 PM

My questions concern upgrading to a new base package. My greatest need at this point is to upgrade Functions and Data Sets; I am pretty well set on commentaries (then again, can you have too many?). 

1. Am I reading it right that you can buy a new base package, Silver and above, and get a Full Feature Upgrade... cheaper than by buying the Full Feature Upgrade, but Base Package will also come with everything that comes in that base package?

2. Say I upgrade to Baptist Silver, then later, want to upgrade again to Platinum. Do I have to stay in the Baptist line and upgrade to Baptist Platinum? Or, could I then upgrade to Platinum Standard or to Platinum Reformed? Likewise, could I move from Standard to Baptist or Reformed?

3. Are there any suggestions out there about the most cost-effective way of upgrading?

And I want to add that I am glad to be here. I've been enjoying watching the webinars and learning a new way of doing business. It's an adventure in the little things. I am also grateful to WORDsearch for getting me here in good fashion. Thanks to their offerings, I didn't look like pauper in my resources. So, hats off to the WORDsearch guys for a user-friendly application that blessed me for many years. And thanks to LOGOS for transferring everything over! We could have been left high and dry, but we weren't.

Posts 24510
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 3:44 PM

Hi Derek - and welcome to Logos and these forums

Derek Gentle:
1. Am I reading it right that you can buy a new base package, Silver and above, and get a Full Feature Upgrade

Yes

Derek Gentle:
cheaper than by buying the Full Feature Upgrade, but Base Package will also come with everything that comes in that base package?

As far as I can see the list price for Silver is $999.99 while the full feature upgrade is $719.99 - so I don't think the scenario you describe is correct. Unless you are able to benefit from discounts that change the pricing relationship.

Derek Gentle:
2. Say I upgrade to Baptist Silver, then later, want to upgrade again to Platinum. Do I have to stay in the Baptist line and upgrade to Baptist Platinum? Or, could I then upgrade to Platinum Standard or to Platinum Reformed? Likewise, could I move from Standard to Baptist or Reformed?

You can move between families of packages entirely as you choose

Graham

Posts 6710
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 3:47 PM

Derek Gentle:
1. Am I reading it right that you can buy a new base package, Silver and above, and get a Full Feature Upgrade... cheaper than by buying the Full Feature Upgrade, but Base Package will also come with everything that comes in that base package?

From my understanding you are correct. The Baptist Silver is listed as including the full feature upgrade.

Derek Gentle:
2. Say I upgrade to Baptist Silver, then later, want to upgrade again to Platinum. Do I have to stay in the Baptist line and upgrade to Baptist Platinum? Or, could I then upgrade to Platinum Standard or to Platinum Reformed?

You can move in any direction that you desire, no penalty. Platinum Standard may cost you more or less. Only a Customer Service could answer that accurately.

Derek Gentle:
3. Are there any suggestions out there about the most cost-effective way of upgrading?

Purchase one base package at a time. Eg. Purchase Baptist silver, check out and then go and purchase the next base package. Dynamic pricing will give you a lower cost on the second Base package as some of it will already be in the first.

Glad to have you as a part of the Logos family.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 7
Derek Gentle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 4:25 PM

Thanks!

Posts 7
Derek Gentle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 4:25 PM

Thanks! 

Posts 179
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2020 4:58 PM

One additional suggestion to those that have been offered. If you just want the features and do not need the resources, you can get a faithlife connect monthly subscription that includes the full-feature set and some additional perks like free resources, etc. It is about $100 a year and may be a cost-effective way to get the features. Of course, if you cancel your subscription, you lose access to those features you do not own. I prefer to do the subscription model. It also reduces the costs of package upgrades when I just want the resources involved. Just something to think about.

Carla

Posts 7
Derek Gentle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 7:35 AM

Thanks to one and all,

I went with the Standard Silver Package. The WORDsearch crossover discount made it a great deal. And in my case, to get the Full Feature Upgrade, it was cheaper to buy the Silver than the Full Feature Upgrade by itself. Bronze upgrades your features, but it is not a Full Feature upgrade.

I went back and bought another book online after that and it recognized my Perks Membership and gave me the 10% discount.

Also after my upgrade purchase, I went back looking to see what the Base Packages would cost after that. It no longer show the WORDsearch crossover discount, but it did account for the Dynamic Pricing. So... go as high as you can go on your upgrade the first time!

With the Dynamic Pricing in place, I could go to one of the other Silver Packages and pick up some materials not included in the Standard, say for example, the Reformed Silver, at a really good price.

Posts 2300
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 8:07 AM

Derek Gentle:
Likewise, could I move from Standard to Baptist or Reformed?

Think of "add to" rather than "move from".  About 20 months ago Faithlife offered some great discounts on denominational packages and I picked up several different traditions at various levels in one purchase.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 7
Derek Gentle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 10:21 AM

"Think of 'add to' rather than 'move from'."

That's a great way to explain it. 

Posts 239
Mikko Paavola | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2020 12:45 PM

If you're eligible for one time discount on your first Base Package purchase and want to buy more than one package (for example Standard and Reformed, etc.), you may get the discount for all the packages you buy at the same time by contacting Logos sales (by email or phone). That way you'll get both the discount and dynamic pricing (by adding more than one package to your cart by yourself will lack dynamic pricing between those packages). I'm not sure if that works with the current discount for Wordsearch users, but I've managed to get discounts on some earlier sales by contacting sales.

Faithlife Connect + several Base Packages + Luther's Works, etc.
Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6500U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 520.
iPhone 7 Plus.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS