Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 26 2009 11:54 PM

College Press Discipleship Collection

With a projected ship date of 9-30 this Pre-Pub title is worth a second look.

The third book in the collection, "Foundations for Christian Education," was edited by someone I know.
I was privileged to have Dr. Eleanor Daniel as my Ed-Psych professor in the 70's. I still have her book, "The Effect of Knowledge of Instructional Objectives" in my library. It has helped me develop my teaching skills enormously. In addition to her decades of teaching in colleges and seminary, Dr Daniel has worked on the Standard Lesson Commentary as well as VBS  and other Christian Education projects at Standard Publishing. I know how well she presents her case and have seen her leadership skills firsthand. I am sure every contribution to this book will be relevant and worthwhile.

The other two books in this collection:

"The Servant-Driven Church: Releasing Every Member for Ministry"

&

"See the Gods Fall: Four Rivals to Christianity"

look very interesting as well. But even if they weren't I would still get this set for Dr Daniel's book alone.

Check it out again before the Pre-Pub price is gone.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 649
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2009 6:21 PM

Matthew C Jones:

College Press Discipleship Collection

With a projected ship date of 9-30 this Pre-Pub title is worth a second look.

The third book in the collection, "Foundations for Christian Education," was edited by someone I know.
I was privileged to have Dr. Eleanor Daniel as my Ed-Psych professor in the 70's. I still have her book, "The Effect of Knowledge of Instructional Objectives" in my library. It has helped me develop my teaching skills enormously. In addition to her decades of teaching in colleges and seminary, Dr Daniel has worked on the Standard Lesson Commentary as well as VBS  and other Christian Education projects at Standard Publishing. I know how well she presents her case and have seen her leadership skills firsthand. I am sure every contribution to this book will be relevant and worthwhile.

The other two books in this collection:

"The Servant-Driven Church: Releasing Every Member for Ministry"

&

"See the Gods Fall: Four Rivals to Christianity"

look very interesting as well. But even if they weren't I would still get this set for Dr Daniel's book alone.

Check it out again before the Pre-Pub price is gone.

Matthew,

I have all three of these books in my dead tree library Smile and they are great references. "The Servant-Driven Church..." is a great resource for encouraging every church member to use their God-given gifts for the work of the church. The author also has another book entitled "The Prayer-Driven Church..." which unfortunately is not included in this collection. I would highly recommend it (even if you have to get the paper version). "See the Gods Fall:..." is a great resource for helping to understand four worldviews that differ from Christianity. I taught a college level course a few years ago that used that book as one of the required texts for the course.

Bill 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS