Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 122
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 8 2020 9:36 PM

In checking the catalog of my Wordsearch Library being processed I discover 100's of volumes marked with the Title "Unknown" and the Status "Not Started."

I wonder what those 'unknown's' could be and how will they ultimately be processed? The processing started out with a bang, lot's of resources converted and downloaded, but it is now down to a trickle. Based on the number of Not Started and In Progress left it looks like "by the end of the year" before they will be available.

Not complaining, just really curious where all those Unknowns came from.

-BroJames

Posts 657
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2020 12:08 AM

I only have 10 such entries in my personal library-migration page.

Here is what I have observed.

There is a .xml file in one of your WordSearch directories. It is a listing of ALL of your WordSearch resources installed in your copy of WordSearch.

I "think" you can find it here if you are using Windows. C:\ProgramData\WORDsearch\Global Data\booklist.xml

Note: IF you plan on "looking" at this file I would STRONGLY recommend you copy it first and then play with /use ONLY the COPY!

I would not want something to happen to your WordSearch install that might not be recoverable. The file ( the copy remember! ) can be opened in a spreadsheet program like EXCEL.

Like I said it is a listing of your books and you can see the book ID.

In my case absolutely NONE of the "unknown" book id's in my migration list are also to be found in my WordSearch booklist.xml file.

What does this mean? I have no idea, but but for me it isn't something that I'm going to worry about.

Just an observation and somewhat like you just curious. Confused

Of course, someone from the LOGOS team will come along and say "Oh yea, those are important...blah blah blah..." and I'll have egg on my face. Wink

A sample. The 1st four "Unknown" Entries. See the product id's? 4790 - 4793?

There is no entry for them in my WordSearch Booklist file.

Posts 122
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2020 5:13 PM

Thanks, Roy, for your response. I'm thinking, I don't know what I should know. I have figured out that the listing @ "Your Wordsearch Library in Logos" is not a dynamic listing. I am signed into my Logos account and If I understand the numbering on the left there are about 15-17,000 volumes in that Library list. My thought is, that is the entire Library available at Wordsearch.

So, I guess I'll just have to wait, maybe until the end of the year, to find out what those 'unknowns' are.

Blessings,

BroJames

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee

James H. Schafer:
I have figured out that the listing @ "Your Wordsearch Library in Logos" is not a dynamic listing.

It should be. If you're logged into logos.com, then https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration should show just the titles unlocked for your account, and their current status in Logos 8.

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee

James H. Schafer:
I discover 100's of volumes marked with the Title "Unknown" and the Status "Not Started."

They're resources for which we're still trying to find information (in conjunction with the Wordsearch team that joined Faithlife).

They don't correspond to any known resources in the Wordsearch desktop application or in the Wordsearch product database, because we already imported all that information into our systems. They may have been created for internal WS purposes, reserved for future use, or assigned to a third-party publisher. When we can figure each one out, it will change from "Unknown" to the associated title.

Posts 657
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2020 7:43 PM

Hey James!

There are two lists that you might see on the Logos website.

1) https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog 

This is, as far as I understand, EVERYTHING that was at WordSearch that Logos will be dealing with (whither already in Logos or not).

2) https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration 

YOUR personal library migration list for resources that you had in WordSearch.

The 1st one is likely static, unless the fine folks at FaithLife find they have resources to add that they did not know about and/or the status changes.

The 2nd one, YOUR list is dynamic in two ways.

A) More of your WordSearch licenses make their way to Logos.
B) The status changes from Not Started > In Progress > Available.

The numbering on the left is the Book/Resource ID that WordSearch gave the product.
It will be the same number that you would see if you right-clicked on the resource in the library screen of your WordSearch Program.

Posts 657
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2020 7:47 PM

Oops... Sorry Bradley, I started my reply above a couple hours ago but had to walk away from the computer (at work) to actually do some work/my job. Came back and finished the reply only to see your response after sending mine.

Posts 122
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2020 8:40 AM

Thanks, Bradley, for your response. My bad, I had copied what I thought was the correct URL but turns out I guess it is the entire WS listing. I saw my Library with titles as Not Started - In Process - Available. So I thought, since I was logged in, that was My list, NOT.

Then I see the URL you posted, clicked on it and sure enough, I am now seeing MY WS library. I still have about 150 Not Started, but there are NO unknowns.

I'm thrilled with the progress. I have used both Logos and WS for many years. I started with Logos (can't remember what it was called in those days) when Bob first came out with a DOS disk Bible program. Started with WS back in the Quick Verse days. As time went on I continued to build libraries in both, but with the advancements of Logos, I tended to acquire more resources there. But, WS would come out with volumes I wanted, at better prices, so I added there. Each program had its strengths and weaknesses. I need to stop this, I tend to get a little carried away sometime.

So, now the best of both worlds, all my libraries in one place. THANK YOU LOGOS and all you wonderful people who are working so hard to get this done. God bless you all.

BroJames

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS