Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Rich | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 12 2020 9:36 AM

I understand that my "desktops" in WordSearch will be transferred at some point in the future but I do have a question about "WHAT" will be transferred.  Will the transfer involve just what was in WordSearch as of the time Logos took over WordSearch or will it be from some other date?

I ask because I am continuing to work on my desktops within Wordsearch since I cannot activate them in Logos as of today.  If they are only transferring the info as of the "takeover" date will I be able to manually impost the updated information?

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee

We'll probably have you perform a Backup in Wordsearch 12, then provide a way to import that backup into Logos. So it will take effect on the date you choose.

Posts 122
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2020 6:49 PM

Rich:

I ask because I am continuing to work on my desktops within Wordsearch since I cannot activate them in Logos as of today.  If they are only transferring the info as of the "takeover" date will I be able to manually impost the updated information?

Hi Rich,

Not sure this will help, will depend on how many of your resources have transferred.

Could you open a Desktop and make a note of what resources are in that Desktop? Then come to Logos and Open those resources (or at least those that have transferred) and position them as you like. Then save that Layout with the same name you used in Wordsearch. When other resources arrive in your library that apply to that desktop Open the layout, open the new resource, and then type "Update Active Layout" in the Go box.

You might want to click and drag Update Active Layout to the shortcut bar and you will have it each time you need to do that. Layouts do not automatically save added resources like Wordsearch does.

BroJames

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS