Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1094
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 14 2020 7:21 AM

I’ve been seeing the Augustine Institute talk about a Catholic edition of the ESV. Anybody know if there’s movement to bring this to Logos?

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 5222
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2020 8:24 AM

David Wanat:

I’ve been seeing the Augustine Institute talk about a Catholic edition of the ESV. Anybody know if there’s movement to bring this to Logos?

See https://community.logos.com/forums/t/190712.aspx

Posts 1094
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2020 8:29 AM

Thank you. I must have missed this

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 4
Peter Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 2:21 PM

Is there any word on when customers outside the US will be able to purchase this?

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 8:37 AM

We hope to have a worldwide license in the future.

Posts 241
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:02 AM

Are there any plans for a Reverse Interlinear? I imagine it wouldn't take too much to adapt the one used for the ESV, albeit with some extra work on the deuterocanonicals (especially Tobit)

Posts 999
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:02 AM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):

I'm in the U.S. but it's showing as not available for individual purchase. Is that a mistake? I was trying to add it to my wishlist but can't since it's not for sale.

Posts 27
LogosEmployee
TL Putnam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:10 AM

The reverse interlinear is in production and will be pushed out to the base packages as soon as it's finished.

Posts 241
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:14 AM

TL Putnam:

The reverse interlinear is in production and will be pushed out to the base packages as soon as it's finished.

Great - Thanks TL!

Posts 999
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:16 AM

TL Putnam:

I was just trying to add the bible itself to my wishlist, I wasn't trying to purchase the reverse interlinear. Is the unavailability of the RI impacting our ability to buy just the bible by itself?

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:16 AM

Kiyah:

I'm in the U.S. but it's showing as not available for individual purchase. Is that a mistake? I was trying to add it to my wishlist but can't since it's not for sale.

Right now it's only available in Verbum 9 Gold and above, but it will be available for individual sale in the future.

Posts 999
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:17 AM

Kiyah:

Right now it's only available in Verbum 9 Gold and above, but it will be available for individual sale in the future.

Okay thanks!

Posts 5222
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 6:49 PM

It's available now, but not geo-restricted to the US.

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 9:28 AM

SineNomine:

There are still some geo-restrictions, and we're working to get worldwide distribution.

Posts 11735
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 2:20 PM

looking forward to it, thanks!

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 5222
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 2:48 PM

SineNomine:

There are still some geo-restrictions, and we're working to get worldwide distribution.

Progress is good! 

So I can buy it individually in Canada, but not within in a Verbum Library.

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 3:52 PM

I am not very happy with this purchase. Faithlife dropped the ball on this.

The formatting is horrible. Very uneven spacing between every few lines of text.

No footnotes.

No cross-references.

I am guessing it might work with Factbook once the interlinear is finished.

Typical of Faithlife "half-way is good enough".

Not good enough guys, you need to fix this.

Posts 32224
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 4:33 PM

TWBeining:

I am not very happy with this purchase. Faithlife dropped the ball on this.

The formatting is horrible. Very uneven spacing between every few lines of text.

No footnotes.

No cross-references.

Huh? Can you post a screen shot? Mine has footnotes and the format of the original. I need to check further re: cross-reference.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 11735
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 6:23 PM

Regarding formatting, I can see the "uneven spacing": The large chapter number forces more space between the first line of the chapter and the second. And the verse numbers reach out above the normal height of a line - they will occur often, but thus a line with no verse number will be closer to the line above than "usual" - see your very last line on the page, or the fourth from below. This may be exactly as the printed edition, I don't know, but if I was editing such a thing for print I would make sure that the line spacing is sufficient for the verse numbers, and maybe put the first chapter line at the bottom of the chapter number, not into the middle. But that's just my personal feeling about this. And while I see the "uneven spacing", it doesn't disturb me.

Anyway, it may be many months or even years until I'll even be allowed to buy ESV-CE....    

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS