RIP Thomas Howard (1935-2020)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19083
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 15 2020 10:55 PM

I just learned of the passing of Thomas Howard, prolific Catholic author who has influenced many evangelicals.

It would be nice if Faithlife could hurry up the Select Works of Thomas Howard collection. I put in my order for it on 7/6/2018. I needn't point out that I could have bought all of the works in that bundle (plus C.S. Lewis Man of Letters and Christ the Tiger) in Kindle format long ago. Why, oh why, does it take so long to get such popular books into Logos format?

Posts 30242
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2020 11:57 PM

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is a loss.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2675
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2020 5:20 AM

Rosie Perera:
  Why, oh why, does it take so long to get such popular books into Logos format?  

The business model of Pre-Pub and Community Pricing keep many popular items off the Logos shelf until enough of Logos current customers sign up to buy.  It does keep FL in business. BUT it delays items. It also prevents smaller “groups” from gaining “required” resources from getting them as current customers are not interested in those resources.  But it does keep FL in business.

And more importantly, thanks for this and other Heads up messages you have posted.

Posts 4465
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2020 7:17 PM

Requiescat in pace.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS