L9 Preaching Mode Discussion

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 83
Josh Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2020 4:45 PM

Today I used Preaching Mode for the first time, but unfortunately my screen got swallowed up every few minutes by a prompt to follow area presentations.

VERY distracting while preaching. 

is this a glitch or is there a setting I need to adjust?

p.s. I had it open on my iPhone running 9.1.1 on beta on iOS14.2

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2020 10:51 PM

Josh Moore:
is this a glitch or is there a setting I need to adjust?

I don't know why this appeared when in Preaching mode but you should be able to disable this message from the Church Presentations area of the menu you show when tapping the three vertical lines icon at the bottom right of the screen

Posts 398
LogosEmployee

Josh Moore:

Today I used Preaching Mode for the first time, but unfortunately my screen got swallowed up every few minutes by a prompt to follow area presentations.

VERY distracting while preaching. 

Agreed, that's a bad experience, and I'm sorry it happened. As a workaround, you can change your setting like Graham mentioned. I've passed your experience onto the team, and they're investigating a way to prevent this from happening in the future.

Posts 3
Todd Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 2:13 PM

Just upgraded to L9 Silver today, went to ipad and likewise did not see preaching mode either.  I would greatly appreciate if they make that mode available for ipad. 

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 2:33 PM

Hi Todd - and welcome to the forums

Todd Lambert:
Just upgraded to L9 Silver today, went to ipad and likewise did not see preaching mode either.  I would greatly appreciate if they make that mode available for ipad. 

Which version of the app do you have on your iPad? Preaching mode is available so I'm not sure what the issue is

Did you purchase the Silver feature set as well as the library?

Graham

Posts 5
Chris Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 1:37 PM

This will be fantastic! Any news on when this might be available from a mobile device? I preach from an iPad Pro, and while the rest of our Proclaim presentation is run from a member of our data team, being able to have the flexibility to control the preaching slides as I preach would be a game changer!

Posts 24
Marc Transparenti | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 1:50 PM

I agree!!! Preaching Mode on an iPad (especially the timer feature) would be very helpful. 

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 1:54 PM

Chris Thomas:
Any news on when this might be available from a mobile device?

This - being able to control Proclaim slides from the Logos app - is in the 9.1 beta release so will be generally available when it ships to the stable channel. I don't know when that will be.

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 1:54 PM

Marc Transparenti:

I agree!!! Preaching Mode on an iPad (especially the timer feature) would be very helpful. 

This is available now - are you not seeing it?

If not, which L9 package do you have?

Posts 5
Chris Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 1:59 PM

Great news! I look forward to seeing it pop up in the near future.

Posts 5
Chris Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 2:02 PM

Hey brother, the preaching mode is available on my iPad (it's fantastic), I was just missing the ability to control Proclaim with it (as is available on the desktop/laptop) version of L9. Some tutorials available here: https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017433952-Logos-8-Sermon-and-Bible-Study-Prep-Series

Posts 24
Marc Transparenti | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 2:06 PM

I just read Graham's suggestion about the app update, and that fixed the issue for me. When I updated my Logos app, now I can see Preaching Mode and the timer feature on my iPad. Community for the win!

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 2:46 PM

Marc Transparenti:
When I updated my Logos app, now I can see Preaching Mode and the timer feature on my iPad.

That's good news.

Posts 774
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 7:08 AM

Editing in the Sermon Builder has been requested for some time in the mobile app, but for now we don't have it. 

I am trying to use the new Preaching Mode. The problem:

When I run through my sermons ahead of time (I usually practice it 2-3 times), I make changes on the fly by making notes on my paper. Then I go back and make those changes and print another copy. I cannot do that if I use my iPad. 

Do you have any advice on how to work around this limitation? I want to make a change while I am practicing and then move on.

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 7:16 AM

Jerry Bush:
Do you have any advice on how to work around this limitation? I want to make a change while I am practicing and then move on.

The only way we can do this at the moment - when without access to the Logos desktop - is to use the web app.

Posts 5578
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 7:16 AM

Hi Jerry

I place my sermon in Pages so that I can edit when I am practising.

Having it in pages also allows one to use the built-in 'Presentation Mode'. I find using this 'teleprompter' facility very useful while we are producing online services.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 6
Will Yancy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2021 4:08 PM

Hi Graham,

I'm using an iPad and dont see the preaching mode icon next to the three dots. Do you have a suggestion for me?

Thanks!

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2021 10:27 PM

Hi Will - and welcome to the forums

Will Yancy:
I'm using an iPad and dont see the preaching mode icon next to the three dots. Do you have a suggestion for me?

What Logos 9 base package do you have? Access to preaching mode, requires the Silver feature set or higher.

Graham

Posts 6
Will Yancy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2021 3:53 PM

Hi Graham, I have Logos 9 Gold.

Posts 6
Will Yancy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2021 3:54 PM

Thank you for the welcome Graham!

I have the Logos Gold package.

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS