Can I install and run Logos 7 and Logos 8 on my system?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Walter B. Huckaby | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 17 2020 3:46 PM

I have two different accounts with Logos, one with ver. 7 and the other with ver. 8.  Can I install and run them both on my system?  I have them installed on different drives.

Posts 30151
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2020 4:34 PM

There is no reason to keep them separate. Ask FL to combine the accounts. install Logos 8 and it will have all the resources you own in both accounts. If you purchased them separately, you likely overpaid for L8 as you would not have gotten the discount for what you already owned in L7. Welcome to the forums.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28700
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2020 5:42 PM

To add a bit: The software is free. You pay for resources (books) and some features (data sets). FL has a policy of not making users pay twice for resources and data sets. When you already own resources in a new package, the cost is reduced. This is called “dynamic pricing.” You should have your accounts merged (as long as you are the owner). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18659
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2020 5:20 AM

Walter B. Huckaby:

I have two different accounts with Logos, one with ver. 7 and the other with ver. 8.  Can I install and run them both on my system?  I have them installed on different drives.

Welcome Big Smile

If want to keep two different accounts, an option for the "version 7" account is free upgrade: Logos 8 Basic and Verbum 8 Basic.  Also may want to consider purchasing Logos 8 Fundamentals.

Thankful can use Logos and Verbum at the same time with different accounts. My demonstration account has an order total of $0.00 that includes Logos 7 Fundamentals and Logos 8 Fundamentals. Caveat: Verbum has some differences: e.g. Verbum logo, home page content, canonical Bible Books.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 26017
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2020 3:39 PM

Walter B. Huckaby:

If ver 7 reflects only a Logos 7 library of books and ver 8 means a library of books from Logos 8, then combine the accounts and install Logos 8 to run the combined account (you can still have another installation of Logos 8, but in a different Microsoft/Mac User account).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 11:55 AM

I had to do something similar recently. As a seminary student, my seminary in conjunction with FL give me access to a particular base package. However its at a different email address than I use with Logos. 

I had to email them and ask for them to merge my @seminary.edu account into my @primaryemail.com email account. 

Took them about a day maybe to get back to me. Quick, easy and painless :). 

IF you want to keep them seperate, and run two instances of Logos at the same time, I concur with the others - I'd run verbum 8 along side Logos 8. 

I think you can even tell Verbum to run in Logos mode; Logos can certainly be run in Verbum.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 4404
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 7:37 PM

abondservant:
I think you can even tell Verbum to run in Logos mode; Logos can certainly be run in Verbum.

Nope; it only works one way.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS