Should I uninstall the Wordsearch program and data?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Linda Strawn | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 17 2020 6:07 PM

I am loving the new Logos program!  Thanks for such a professional switchover.  Very classy.  I didn't use Wordsearch very much but am already using the Logos often and have watched many of the training sessions.  Here's my question:  Should I uninstall the old Wordsearch program and its libraries?   I have both version 11 and 12 installed.   Logos has track of what books I had under that license and it appears that it's all transferring.  I now have more than double the number so I'm not sure how to interpret that fact.  But I did have a few notes or docs in Wordsearch I might like to keep but these are in my regular Documents folder, not in the Wordsearch data.   Appreciate any suggestions.  

Posts 5807
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2020 6:15 PM

I would recommend keeping it installed until you are certain all of your books and personal files have transferd over to Logos.

Posts 102
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2020 7:29 PM

I am backing up all books and data on a standalone, isolated system without internet or anything, to ensure no updates of any kind can corrupt or render it unusable.
 Logos will be my main, but I'll have a net free backup in Wordsearch...just in case. You never know anymore as faith is increasingly attacked or software gets sold and bought.

Posts 24911
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2020 11:47 PM

DIsciple II:

I would recommend keeping it installed until you are certain all of your books and personal files have transferd over to Logos.

I think this is great advice.

One other factor, Linda, is that while a lot of books have been migrated over some, including some commentaries, are in monograph format and will not be converted to provide full Logos functionality until later (Faithlife have a goal of doing this by the end of the year)

So, for a time, you might find the Wordsearch functionality useful for these and other resources.

And welcome to Logos and to these forums.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS