Logos Unbound Facebook event

Page 1 of 5 (83 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 82 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 889
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 23 2020 2:12 PM

So, on Facebook, the Logos page announced an event for 6pm Monday.

Join us for a live product event with big announcements and exclusive first looks. Here’s a little hint of what’s in store. Can you guess what we’ll be talking about? 😉

1 Samuel
Darkness
Jehoram
False witness
Ephesians

if it’s not Logos 9, they’re probably going to have a virtual riot 😉

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Diamond

Posts 9414
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 2:16 PM

Sounds exciting!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 30222
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 2:34 PM

David Wanat:
So, on Facebook, the Logos page announced an event for 6pm Monday.

Mine says 6 a.m. -- much more reasonable given that I share a time zone with them.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 889
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 2:40 PM

Hmm, either I misread it or they changed the AM/PM. Either way, it does say AM now.

Verbum 9 Diamond

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 2:43 PM

Ick! Stalkbook ... I shouldn’t be surprised with the path this company has been on for a long time now. Ick!

Next launch event will be on Tik Tok

Posts 7631
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 2:50 PM

Here’s what someone suggested:

1 Samuel=9th book of OT
Darkness=9th plague
Jehoram= 9th king
False witness=9th commandment
Ephesians=9th book of NT (if Cor counts as 1)

And they forgot to include that Monday is the date I predicted (10/26/2020) 👍😁👌 Then again, with 2020 being a crazy year they might announce that L9 will come out at a later date 😂 I still think Monday is the date, though  👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 2854
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 2:50 PM

Clearly, Mr. Bob Pritchard is announcing a last minute write-in campaign for President of the USA.  He has my vote.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 889
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 2:57 PM

Mike Childs:

Clearly, Mr. Bob Pritchard is announcing a last minute write-in campaign for President of the USA.  He has my vote.

Well, to quote myself, he’s building a new Logos and he’ll get Accordance to pay for it 😉

Verbum 9 Diamond

Posts 4448
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 4:56 PM

I think that this is probably about as close as Faithlife could get to a product release timing announcement without announcing a product's release timing.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 617
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 5:14 PM

The word "unbound" is an interesting choice.

Posts 889
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 5:21 PM

Gordon Jones:

I saw that and first thought it was Michael Heiser, but that's Unfiltered So I dunno

Verbum 9 Diamond

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 5:29 PM

I think you mean Bob Pritchett... he wouldn’t get my vote since I’m not a US citizen.

Mike Childs:

Posts 102
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 5:44 PM

I really hope it's 9 since I just bought my Silver package like last week as a Wordsearch refugee.

Posts 667
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 6:09 PM

The Flanary's:

I really hope it's 9 since I just bought my Silver package like last week as a Wordsearch refugee.

You have a 30 day money-back guarantee. 

Posts 667
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 6:10 PM

I hope Logos Unbound is not a subscription service. 

Posts 4448
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 6:16 PM

Into Grace:

I hope Logos Unbound is not a subscription service. 

I would be fine with a free subscription service.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 7631
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 6:22 PM

The Flanary's:

Call and see what kind of deal you might be able to get.  You should be able to get a better deal due to the circumstances.

Posts 471
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 6:54 PM

The Flanary's:

Talk to your sales rep or to customer service after whatever comes out Monday is released. They'll take care of you. 

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 7:13 PM

You may like what you have better, and they may give you additional discounts if you purchase another package. Or they may let you return, and re-purchase the new one... Depending on what you ask for. :) they are very considerate and customer forward in these situations. :)

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 7:20 PM

Gordon Jones:

A hard launch of the web app to a wider audience. About four years ago give or take on exact details FL started on a journey of a new web app and notes tool. With Logos 8 they released and very much unfinished notes tool which was a significant part of, but not all of course, of the web app.  There is always more potential enhancements to come for the web app and the notes tool but one could say they are now reasonably well developed after this period of time, so Logos Unbound is Logos inbound from a desktop installation, unbound from a mobile device installation, Unbound from the need to instal, you can access your resources, user created content and major Tools through a Browse. With WS now out of the picture along with its web app FL is probably the only major bible software provider which backs up its installation bound applications with a significant installation unbound application through a web browser. And being unbound to an installation it is unbound to an operating system.

it is however bound in one significant way - bound to the need for a reliable internet connection.

P.S. there is probably no truth in this scenario so we’ll have to wait and see what the author intended the text to mean rather than reading our own interpretation into the text, but it is interesting to read what people think it means all the same Cool

Page 1 of 5 (83 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS