Regarding L9 on Monday.....

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1931
mike | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 24 2020 6:10 PM

1. Please don't mess up with the discounts and price adjustments like the other releases on day 1. This is the worst when even your website doesn't reflect right.

2. NO. I don't want to waste my time calling CS to purchase. Lay everything out on the website clearly.

3. On L8 release...It was almost impossible to search for L8 Ultimate. Don't make me hunt around to find it again. I had to find it thru someone in the forum instead.

4. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ... Make your spreadsheets READY on differences across the levels (Platinum vs. Gold and whatnot). It was chaotic 2 years ago since these were not ready on the get go and had further adjustments.

5. Don't price it too high or we will regret buying and returning it. Don't be greedy, just because you bought out WS and now we! gotta pay for the cost. NO. You don't recuperate this on 1 day... Chill.

6. Where's the UPDATE BENEFITS on Logos Connect? There's literally ZERO benefits since you took away the early updates feature for us. IT IS NO USE. Please include all the Mobile Eds into Connect. Only this would make sense. Otherwise, Connect price for $100+ for 3 Classic eBooks is ridiculous.

Thanks for considering these.

Posts 3931
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 8:12 PM

mike:
6. Where's the UPDATE BENEFITS on Logos Connect?

Nothing has changed recently. FL Connect customer still get several upgrade benefits as far as I know:

• Upgrade to L9 engine immediately instead of having to wait until next spring for L9 Basic to become available for everyone.
  • A discount on L9 libraries and feature sets (on top of L9 introductory pricing).
  • Access to all L9 features for the duration of your FL Connect subscription.

The 2% reward is also a nice FL Connect benefit, depending on how much you spent this year. (If you're buying Ultimate, you're probably getting more credit back than what you're paying for FL Connect.)

mike:
Please include all the Mobile Eds into Connect.

We can access any two Mobile Ed courses for six months, each year. There's no restriction over which individual course you can choose. (New courses that just shipped may take a few days to manually be marked as eligible.)

If you have specific issues with accessing a Mobile Ed course that you should be entitled to check out, please provide details.

mike:
Connect price for $100+ for 3 Classic eBooks is ridiculous.

I think you know you get a lot more than 3 books per month, but here are the benefits:

https://connect.faithlife.com/pricing

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 889
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 8:31 PM

Yeah, in all honesty, I’m not seeing the appeal, clicking on the pricing link 😕

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Diamond

Posts 1931
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 9:07 PM

PetahChristian:

mike:
6. Where's the UPDATE BENEFITS on Logos Connect?

Nothing has changed recently. FL Connect customer still get several upgrade benefits as far as I know:

• Upgrade to L9 engine immediately instead of having to wait until next spring for L9 Basic to become available for everyone.
  • A discount on L9 libraries and feature sets (on top of L9 introductory pricing).
  • Access to all L9 features for the duration of your FL Connect subscription.

The 2% reward is also a nice FL Connect benefit, depending on how much you spent this year. (If you're buying Ultimate, you're probably getting more credit back than what you're paying for FL Connect.)

mike:
Please include all the Mobile Eds into Connect.

We can access any two Mobile Ed courses for six months, each year. There's no restriction over which individual course you can choose. (New courses that just shipped may take a few days to manually be marked as eligible.)

If you have specific issues with accessing a Mobile Ed course that you should be entitled to check out, please provide details.

mike:
Connect price for $100+ for 3 Classic eBooks is ridiculous.

I think you know you get a lot more than 3 books per month, but here are the benefits:

https://connect.faithlife.com/pricing

I think what I'm saying is beyond these basics. I get totally what you're saying, but this is beyond that. I don't think you get the problems. But that's ok and better probably. lol

Posts 980
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 9:28 PM

mike:

1. Please don't mess up with the discounts and price adjustments like the other releases on day 1. This is the worst when even your website doesn't reflect right.

Yes

mike:
2. NO. I don't want to waste my time calling CS to purchase. Lay everything out on the website clearly.

Yes

mike:
3. On L8 release...It was almost impossible to search for L8 Ultimate. Don't make me hunt around to find it again. I had to find it thru someone in the forum instead.

Yes

mike:
4. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ... Make your spreadsheets READY on differences across the levels (Platinum vs. Gold and whatnot). It was chaotic 2 years ago since these were not ready on the get go and had further adjustments.

Yes

And one more: Please don't make us try to figure out an upgrade path via all kinds of intermediate packages/libraries/bundles. The simplest solution should be: The larger the bundle, the higher the discount.

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 12:06 AM

mike:
6. Where's the UPDATE BENEFITS on Logos Connect? There's literally ZERO benefits since you took away the early updates feature for us. IT IS NO USE. Please include all the Mobile Eds into Connect. Only this would make sense. Otherwise, Connect price for $100+ for 3 Classic eBooks is ridiculous.

It is not true Mike that there is zero benefits. Peta has outline fairly well how you get back your $100 and more each year. Logos Now ceased a number of years ago and was replaced by a different program, Logos Connect. There was never a commitment for Faithlife Connect subscribers to get regular software updates.- that was a feature of Logos Now but not of Faithlife Connect. 

You can not complain you are not geting benefits that were never promised in the first place.  I too own Logos Ultimate and i get my $100 back and much more with the discounts i receive upon launch of every major new version of the software, along with the 2% rebate each year on what I have purchased. In major release years I am getting a rebate on the already significantly discounted price I pay for that release so its a double win for me. The introduction of the Ultimate package in itself was another saving because preivously when you purchased all of the individual top tier packages it cost your more to do so then to get them in one package called ulimtate.  

I am glad that pulled the pin on Logos Now - I get better benefits under Faithlife Connect  and just as important to me under Logos Now FL were making a promise they couldn't keep up with - the new feature cycle every 6 weeks. For this I applaud them for putting their hand up and saying hey we are sorry we can't keep that promise so it is wrong for us to continue with Logos Now, instead we are introducting Faithlife Connect with a different set of membership benefits that does not incude a promise we can't keep. Furrther they recognised as a company they needed to change focus and put out a high quality web app and revamp their notes system from the ground up. These are two major pieces of work that do not lend themselves well to what you are demanding you get for $100. 

If you were raising a valid promise they were not keeping I would support you but in this instance FL is not breaking a promise - you simply want them to give you regular feature updates which we have seen in the past they can't keep up wtih doing. Regular feature updates are secondary to me, I'd much rather get feature updates every two years - provided they are done well.

mike:
5. Don't price it too high or we will regret buying and returning it. Don't be greedy, just because you bought out WS and now we! gotta pay for the cost. NO. You don't recuperate this on 1 day... Chill.

What evidence do you have that FL has been greedy in the past or think that they will be greedy now that they have bought out WS.  The writing was on the wall for a longtme with WS becasue they did not do with it what FL has done with LBS and moved with the technology. The $100 a year you pay for FL connect is not greedy, the discount price you pay for Logos Ulimate as a collection and with the discounts you are offerred to purchase it for even cheaper after your dynamic price is determined is not greedy in any way shape or form. Your $100 per year might pay for 1 persons wages for a few hours of work ou of their pay for the whole year except that it all essentially goes to fund those discounts you are getting. FL have to page royalities to publishes, the families of their employees deserve a roof over their head, food on the table etc. Do you expect them to work for nothing ?

mike:

Sure there were issues on launch day, some of them quite frustrating, but I am sure they would have been just as frustrating for FL too. I don't believe they did these things to annoy you.   I too hope we don't issues like this and better communicaiton than we have had from them in the past.

Posts 1045
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 3:36 AM

regardless what you said is true or not, I think it is too late for any changes.

If you  have so much negativity on their launch, don’t buy it at launch. I think that’s the only way that can help you to be in control and be sane. Let the others  ironing or the problems for you and come back a few months later.

If you think they are greedy, don’t buy from them. And I think accusing someone to be greedy is a  pretty serious claim considering they are Christians and it is a sin. If you have concrete reason to beeline they  are greedy then let it out. If you only think  they are greedy if you don’t know  the business side of it, then really you should apologize to them.

You sir is the reason why I don’t come to the Logos forum often. I came here because of the  anticipated launch and  your click bait title just ruin it.

Posts 889
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 10:02 AM

Aside from the rhetoric in point 5, his points are all legitimate concerns.

Verbum 9 Diamond

Posts 2620
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 10:49 AM

I am still set on contacting my rep for this after I do a little research. This is mostly about L9 and building my library which still might be more than one package again. And kindness towards my rep who has helped me out more than once. 

The best thing you can do right now is look over your own library and see what key gaps you need to fill and review your wish list. I am hoping some of mine will be in the new packages.Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 12:28 PM

David Wanat:

Point 5 there is no evidence for accusing FL of greed. Nobody is forcing him to buy ultimate if the books on offer are not to his liking and he is whether he sees it or not getting a lot of benefit from his $100 connect membership. it is so much more than the gree classic e-books each month.

Point 6 is false. FL have never promised regular release of new feature updates to Logos Connect customers. That is not what the program is about. I am the first to call them out on flaky promises but there was no promise in regards to what he is saying in point 6. Logos Now is a program that finished its run a number of years ago.

Posts 889
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 12:30 PM

DIsciple II:

David Wanat:

Point 5 there is no evidence for accusing FL of greed. Nobody is forcing him to buy ultimate if the books on offer are not to his liking and he is whether he sees it or not getting a lot of benefit from his $100 connect membership. it is so much more than the gree classic e-books each month.

I never said point 5 was right. 

Verbum 9 Diamond

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 12:34 PM

David Wanat:

DIsciple II:

David Wanat:

I never said point 5 was right. 

i never said you did I was just confirming your take on that point. apologies if that was not clear.

Posts 889
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 1:12 PM

Fair enough. My apologies for assuming your comment was a rebuke.

Verbum 9 Diamond

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 1:18 PM

David Wanat:

All good David, its easy to be misunderstood and to misundestood others on a medium like this one.

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 6:02 PM

DIsciple II:

David Wanat:

All good David, its easy to be misunderstood and to misundestood others on a medium like this one.

Especially divorced from non-verbal cues, and with the disassociated cultural mores. 

Its a wonder communication is as smooth as it is. :)

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS