Logos Unbound v9 leaked hardware not as exciting as some hoped.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1084
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 25 2020 10:52 AM

Initial reactions are that the screen is very underwhelming, when you consider the feature set, it's hard to understand the design decisions here... Bible code fanatics are excited about the numerology related features but when faced with the new UI many pastors will be as baffled by this as we are by the church balance sheet. Still retro is the new 'cool' so it might well bring many newcomers onboard.

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 543
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 10:56 AM

Bravo sir! Loving the Logos 9 parody clickbait at the moment. XD

Carpe verbum.

Posts 4402
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 11:02 AM

John Goodman:
Initial reactions are that the screen is very underwhelming, when you consider the feature set, it's hard to understand the design decisions here... Bible code fanatics are excited about the numerology related features but when faced with the new UI many pastors will be as baffled by this as we are by the church balance sheet. Still retro is the new 'cool' so it might well bring many newcomers onboard.

Internal localization teams had initially loved the idea, but then realized that they had nothing to do beyond translating the help file, which came in a physical folder.

The official aftermarket DIY Verbum mod set will come with an as-yet-unreleased sticker and a small chisel.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 1513
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 11:06 AM

"A new 'attention' feature helps you focus on one line of text at a time!"

Did my own parody, but the admins deleted the image. (I changed some text of a Dilbert cartoon, so probably worried about legality or some such. )

Original cartoon here, you can imagine it applied to Logos 9.

https://dilbert.com/strip/1994-02-20 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 11126
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 11:18 AM

John Goodman:
retro is the new 'cool' so it might well bring many newcomers onboard.

Yes! I've even seen pictures of the Silver package - so nice!

John Goodman:
Initial reactions are that the screen is very underwhelming, when you consider the feature set, it's hard to understand the design decisions here...

... I think the developers choose to invest more into the Logos 9 printing capabilities, which will help the busy pastor. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 2:19 PM

I love it!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 2:33 PM

John Goodman:
Still retro is the new 'cool' so it might well bring many newcomers onboard.

This will bring great joy to those asking for a simpler interface, I showed it to a friend who hoped they put a modern twist on this and bring it out in 'Rose Gold' rather than 'Gold'.  I don't think they quite understand 'Gold' refers to the librarry package level and not to the colour of the device.

Posts 6683
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 2:48 PM

You guys are all wrong. They have teamed up with Elon Musk and allows you to implant the entire software in the brain. Just a small upgrade fee of 20.00 per month.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 9
Antony Brennan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 5:10 PM

I totally hope so

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 6:00 PM

Lynden Williams:

You guys are all wrong. They have teamed up with Elon Musk and allows you to implant the entire software in the brain. Just a small upgrade fee of 20.00 per month.

I would dearly love to be able to upload my library to my brain.

I've posted a few times hoping that is the meaning of unbound. That we will no longer be bound (All the time) to the computer... Just plug in when there are updates. lol

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 6:21 PM

As long as that does not take away from my humanity. And it would bring a whole set of new problems.....

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS