Logos 9 discounts?

Page 1 of 7 (130 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 129 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1032
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:18 AM

Normally there is a base package discount for the first few weeks from launch, last time there was a single package discount available, this time I cannot see any discounts at all apart from a connect discount on Logos 9 libraries.

Is that all there is?

Posts 364
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:22 AM

I don't see any package discount either.

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 1473
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:25 AM

So far I see only:

15% discount + 5% connect

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 4448
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 7:26 AM

Verbum Now gives discounts on both packages and feature sets, so I imagine Connect gives discounts on feature sets too.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 1032
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 8:07 AM

Well this is strange (well actually it always works this way, but it not really "fair"):

For me Ultimate costs $1844.38

I purchase Bronze for $8.42

To buy Ultimate now I would expect to pay (on the basis of a uniform discount) $1835.96

The price I now have for Ultimate is ....$1820.91, so by spending $8.42 I save $23.47

I now buy Silver for $83.75, the new price for Ultimate is $1706.85, so by spending $83.75 I save $114.06

I now buy Gold for $29,53, the new Price for Ultimate is $1672.05, so by spending $29.53 I save $34.08.

In summary by buying in individual steps for bronze, silver and gold I have saved over $50 rather than going for the big package first, and I presume that this will saving will continue to increase if I continue buying single steps.  

Posts 4448
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 8:10 AM

Mike Pettit:
Well this is strange (well actually it always works this way, but it not really "fair"):

Thank you for verifying that 9 pricing still works like 7 and 8 pricing.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 1032
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 8:22 AM

rather bizarrely when I added a low level Verbum base package the net price actually went up ! 

Posts 222
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 8:24 AM

Mike Pettit:

rather bizarrely when I added a low level Verbum base package the net price actually went up ! 

I've had this happen in the past in the subset Verbum packages (such as Eastern Rite and Academic). 

Posts 1931
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 8:36 AM

Mike Pettit:

Your price for ultimate is very low. How many resources did Ultimate give you at the end?

Also, are you saying that it is cheaper buying Ultimate from the ground up... meaning...buying bronze first, then silver, then platinum and ultimate at the end? is that what you're saying?

Posts 1032
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 8:48 AM

mike:

Mike Pettit:

Your price for ultimate is very low. How many resources did Ultimate give you at the end?

Also, are you saying that it is cheaper buying Ultimate from the ground up... meaning...buying bronze first, then silver, then platinum and ultimate at the end? is that what you're saying?

The price for me is low because I have a large library (it really is shameful and please do not tell the wife) but yes, it is cheaper buying in steps.

As for how many resources I am not there yet, it is taking ages buying in steps!

Posts 3896
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:09 AM

Wild Eagle:

So far I see only:

15% discount + 5% connect

I'm a bit curious why some of my base packages have a 14% discount, not fifteen.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 180
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:15 AM

Friedrich:

I'm a bit curious why some of my base packages have a 14% discount, not fifteen.

Hey Friedrich,

Can you share which packages you are experiencing this with?

Posts 3933
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:24 AM

Kaleb Cuevas:

I purchased Logos 9 Silver Library (which had an 18.8% discount), but didn't think it was unusual until someone mentioned it should be 20%. I checked the discount on Logos 9 Gold Library and it is 20%, so I'm wondering if Silver had an issue.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 1931
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:27 AM

Mike Pettit:

The price for me is low because I have a large library (it really is shameful and please do not tell the wife) but yes, it is cheaper buying in steps.

As for how many resources I am not there yet, it is taking ages buying in steps!

How much money do you save by buying the base package 1 step at a time all the way up to Ultimate?

Also, your price also isn't much different than mine actually, hence that was why I was surprised. lol

Posts 3896
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:37 AM

Kaleb Cuevas:

Friedrich:

Hey Friedrich,

Sure, I haven't gone through each package, but only at the ones I was looking at so far. And I need to amend my statement: 19% (not 14%, with the connect discount):

Standard Bronze, Gold, Diamond, Portfolio

Anglican Starter, Silver, Diamond

Methodist Starter, Bronze, Platinum

Verbum Bronze, Diamond

the above are after looking at each complete line. I have not gone through others yet, but I know that Orthodox had shown that, too. I can go through the rest. There doesn't seem to be a specific package problem as each line is affected at varying/differing levels.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1032
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:37 AM

mike:

Mike Pettit:

How much money do you save by buying the base package 1 step at a time all the way up to Ultimate?

Also, your price also isn't much different than mine actually, hence that was why I was surprised. lol

I spent $1663 which saved $181 of the initial $1844 price i.e. around a 10% saving and I missed out several steps due to idleness.

Posts 1447
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:40 AM

Hi Kaleb,

Can you tell us whether the 5% Connect discount applies to FL Connect (No Resources) subscribers?

Posts 180
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:53 AM

PL:

Hi Kaleb,

Can you tell us whether the 5% Connect discount applies to FL Connect (No Resources) subscribers?

It does as long as you have an active subscription prior to Oct 25.

Posts 982
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:57 AM

Mike Pettit:

I purchase Bronze for $8.42

To buy Ultimate now I would expect to pay (on the basis of a uniform discount) $1835.96

The price I now have for Ultimate is ....$1820.91, so by spending $8.42 I save $23.47

I now buy Silver for $83.75, the new price for Ultimate is $1706.85, so by spending $83.75 I save $114.06

I now buy Gold for $29,53, the new Price for Ultimate is $1672.05, so by spending $29.53 I save $34.08.

In summary by buying in individual steps for bronze, silver and gold I have saved over $50 rather than going for the big package first, and I presume that this will saving will continue to increase if I continue buying single steps.  

This really is frustrating. Each major upgrade the same thing happens. Why do we always need to figure out our own upgrade path? I already raised this here:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/195067/1126969.aspx#1126969

"Please don't make us try to figure out an upgrade path via all kinds of intermediate packages/libraries/bundles. The simplest solution should be: The larger the bundle, the higher the discount."

Posts 184
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 9:58 AM

Is there a way to 'test' this method? It seems like the only way to know how it works it to actually buy them one at a time. If it doesn't work out better, do you just call and ask for a refund of all the packages you just worked your way up to?

Page 1 of 7 (130 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS