What were you most excited to see in Logos 9? Positive feedback

Page 3 of 3 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 58 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 551
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 8:31 AM

I’m  thankful for sermon manager and the addition of personal sermons to passage guide results.. 

Carpe verbum.

Posts 371
Lonnie Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 8:39 AM

Andreas Mueller:

I'm most excited about having the reverse interlinear for the NET bible. I love the NET bible and having the interlinear dataset makes it much more useful in Logos!

Yes

Posts 29
John Patterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 8:49 AM

I use Logos for personal Bible study, having come over from Wordsearch. This is a great feature for users like me.

Posts 5416
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 12:31 PM

Andreas Mueller:
I'm most excited about having the reverse interlinear for the NET bible. I love the NET bible and having the interlinear dataset makes it much more useful in Logos

LOLOL...sorry, but this made me belly laugh. A reverse interlinear for NET??? ROTFL!! Well, does this means FL won the Fields Medal? What you are saying is akin to saying FL managed to make 1=9. It only takes a few minutes of reading the NET notes to confirm that the NET translation team has never met an emendation they didn't like, sometimes 2-3 emendations in a single verse. Unless 1 really can equal 9, I can't comprehend how a reverse interlinear could work. Does it account for the endless emendations in its translations? If not, then the RI is basically a pack of lies.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 1721
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 2:00 PM

Myke Harbuck:
AGREED! Aside from a few issues, things have been VERY smooth, and the positive feedback has been very pleasant. I'm sure the FL staff are pleased about this! And Bob, too! LOL

I am very pleased! :-)

We shipped Logos v1.0 29 years ago, so it's good that the process is now "VERY smooth". I think the secret is that I have less direct responsibility for each successive release! :-)

Our team has done a fantastic job, and I am so proud of what they're doing.

I miss being in the forums almost daily, but the team is taking good care of Logos and freeing me up to work on our innovative new Integrated Ministry Platform (https://equip.faithlife.com), which I'm very excited about. And you'll see even more integration of Logos and Faithlife Equip in the coming months. (Sermon Builder to Proclaim to Preaching Mode advancing Proclaim slides to sermon recording to Faithlife Sermons archiving and auto-publishing to Faithlife Sites shows just a taste of how this is all coming together; Sermon Manager will continue to improve integration with Faithlife Equip as well, making it even easier to coordinate and plan the whole church year, aligning sermon series to Sunday School classes as well as holidays and other church calendar items.)

Posts 3195
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 2:06 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Myke Harbuck:
AGREED! Aside from a few issues, things have been VERY smooth, and the positive feedback has been very pleasant. I'm sure the FL staff are pleased about this! And Bob, too! LOL

I am very pleased! :-)

We shipped Logos v1.0 29 years ago, so it's good that the process is now "VERY smooth". I think the secret is that I have less direct responsibility for each successive release! :-)

Our team has done a fantastic job, and I am so proud of what they're doing.

I miss being in the forums almost daily, but the team is taking good care of Logos and freeing me up to work on our innovative new Integrated Ministry Platform (https://equip.faithlife.com), which I'm very excited about. And you'll see even more integration of Logos and Faithlife Equip in the coming months. (Sermon Builder to Proclaim to Preaching Mode advancing Proclaim slides to sermon recording to Faithlife Sermons archiving and auto-publishing to Faithlife Sites shows just a taste of how this is all coming together; Sermon Manager will continue to improve integration with Faithlife Equip as well, making it even easier to coordinate and plan the whole church year, aligning sermon series to Sunday School classes as well as holidays and other church calendar items.)

Thank you Mr Bob for everything is being done for the Glory of God. I would like to remind you once again. It would be very helpful the Ethiopian and Eritrean Bibles which both come from Geez the Ancient language of Ethiopia to integrate to Logos. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 614
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 2:20 PM

Carta, of course. But I haven't seen anyone mention *Reading Plans for Monographs* which also sync to mobile devices! I will likely use that single feature more than anything else. Thank you!

Posts 207
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 8:52 PM

I actually forgot to say that I am very happy about the new Charismatic/Pentecostal base packages. There is a lot more Pentecostal material added in now, in contrast to before where nearly all the material was Charismatic.

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 3:27 AM

Reimar Vetne:
Lexham Research Lexicons

I just started to explore these.  These are AWESOME adds as well.  I was glad to spot them and put them in my prioritisation as they will add quite nicely to my workflows.

Posts 8333
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 3:56 AM

I got the top Bilingual Platinum BP and full features set for less than $500 and a bunch of other great bargains in other lower level base packages! Amazing deals! And got to duplicate CARTA almost for free!

DAL

Posts 566
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 5:15 AM

Yup! I was happy to see:

1. Factbook expansion - Woohoo! Let's face it, I pretty much use Logos as the World's Largest Encyclopaedia anyway soo hooray!
  2. Dark Mode... ooooooooh, preeeeetty. Big Smile
  3. That sort of "sermon prep/management/preaching integration thing" (which I'll start using for teaching notes and all that when I am teaching)
  4. Counselling Guide (for those of us who work in churches, but not as Pastoral Staff, but let's face it, people ask us for help too! CAn I get an Amen? Smile)
  5. The fact that one can upgrade the features only without spending thousand of dollars on packages is AWESOME.

THANKS LOGOS!

Posts 3195
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 5:23 AM

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:
The fact that one can upgrade the features only without spending thousand of dollars on packages is AWESOME.

Faithlife connect is the most useful for me. It keeps me always up to date with the new features.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 769
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 5:46 AM

MJ. Smith:

The lack of crash reports, the lack of complaints on the forums .... all in all the smoothest, best received rollout I've spent with Logos/Verbum

Great observation, MJ. I have been around since the version that was before Series X (more than 20 years ago) and I agree this is the best rollout ever. 

BTW, I appreciate your wisdom and generosity in sharing it here on the forums.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 9621
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 6:09 AM

Bob Pritchett:
Our team has done a fantastic job,

Yes they have!

Bob Pritchett:
and I am so proud of what they're doing.

And so you should be!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 86
Angela Meister | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 5:17 PM

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:

1. Counselling Guide (for those of us who work in churches, but not as Pastoral Staff, but let's face it, people ask us for help too! CAn I get an Amen? Smile)

Amen. Body of Christ! 

Posts 233
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 5:23 PM

I am excited about Carta resources. I am also thrilled with the Counseling Guide, although it has a way to go yet, and the folders for the shortcut bar. I can also see using Sermon builder and manager for my writing. I am not a preacher, but I do write and keep my ideas in One Note and then try to remember to cross them off once they are finished. 

I also, due to the advice on another thread about the best way to use the Carta resources to re-discover the Cited by tool which I was massively under-utilizing as in, not at all. It is almost like having a new feature they forgot to tell us about.

I am excited about all the L9 possibilities.

Carla

Posts 3073
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 6:07 PM

Angela Meister:
What were you excited to see?

...a low price to upgrade. And I found it! Reformed Bronze cost me about what a good steak dinner costs, and will last a lot longer.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 3140
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 7:00 PM

For those of us with large libraries, Silver is the sweet spot Carta, the Mobile Ed course deal and other goodies. I'm excited that mobile utlity has been upgraded. I could blab on, but I won't. Rosie, get Silver you won't regret it. Great job FL team!

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.4

Posts 233
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 7:08 PM

Beloved Amodeo:

For those of us with large libraries, Silver is the sweet spot Carta, the Mobile Ed course deal and other goodies. I'm excited that mobile utlity has been upgraded. I could blab on, but I won't. Rosie, get Silver you won't regret it. Great job FL team!

I got Platinum and Academic Professional, and the courses. Really good deal in my opinion.

Thanks, Carla

Page 3 of 3 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS