Which new Wordsearch resources would you like to see first?

Page 8 of 22 (438 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
This post has 437 Replies | 63 Followers

Posts 1
Veronica Vandervliet | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 1:48 AM

For me, the Hebrew-English Interlinear Old Testament. I use it all the time and find it much more accurate than most interlinears. I have yet to assess Logos's own Hebrew-English Interlinear.

Posts 1
Ronald Downey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 1:57 AM

Hello I would like to have the Rod Mattoon Series.  Thank you.

Posts 1
Chuck Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 2:35 AM

I'd really like to see the Holman Christian Standard Reverse Interlinear Bible brought over as soon as possible. It was my "go-to" interlinear. Cool 

Posts 1
Joe Dellaria | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 2:45 AM

ESV refs, NASB refs, HCSB Xrefs, Treasury, Strongs's Talking Concordance, Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, Practical Word Studies of the New Testament, and the following Commentaries: Expositors Bible Commentary, Lenski Commentary, New American Commentary, Exegetical Summary Series. I have not migrated my WordSearch account yet, so I may be requesting things that are done. I use the Search function multiple times each day and remain hopeful Logos has a similar function.

Thank you for asking. I have been using Wordsearch for over 25 years and have an extensive library. While I am aware that Logos is supposed to offer good software, this is a stressful situation as I am quite familiar with Wordsearch. The idea of learning new software at this point is not terribly exciting to me. 

Posts 24894
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 2:48 AM

Hi Chuck - and welcome to the forums

Chuck Johnston:

I'd really like to see the Holman Christian Standard Reverse Interlinear Bible brought over as soon as possible. It was my "go-to" interlinear. Cool 

Logos does have a reverse interlinear for the HCSB

And, checking the status of books being transitioned from Wordsearch to Logos it looks as though this is the intended solution.

Does that make sense?

Graham

Posts 24894
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 2:56 AM

HI Joe - and welcome to the forums.

Most  of the resources you mention are available in Logos:

I believe if you go to https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration you should be able to see the status of your books in terms of their status of being available in Logos

Joe Dellaria:
I use the Search function multiple times each day and remain hopeful Logos has a similar function.

Logos has a very powerful Search capability. 

When you do start using Logos, please feel free to post back with any questions you have about using this, or any other, aspect of the software

Graham

Posts 1
L Rieder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 3:06 AM

First of all may I say how poorly Logos compares with Wordsearch. I find that my main gripe is that there does not appear to be the automatic link to Strong's when in Bible mode. This was one of my most used functions in Wordsearch, so I trust this will be resolved rapidly.

My other points are as follows

1. It is very difficult to find a book in the library. In Wordsearch they were arranged in categories which made searching much easier - can you not do the same?

2. The Pie charts are not helpful since they are not easily linked to Strongs and do not even tell you all the words - just give slices with no explanation. Can you not label each slice with the Strongs' number as well as the word?

Altogether I find it much less user friendly than Wordsearch and wonder why we have to change.

Posts 37
Danny Jenkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 3:26 AM

I would love to get "Christ Centered Exposition." I used this commentary with my Bible studies.

Posts 24894
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 3:33 AM

Hi - and welcome to the forums

L Rieder:
First of all may I say how poorly Logos compares with Wordsearch

I'm sorry to hear this. But I would suggest raising issues of this nature by creating a separate thread in this forum so your concerns don't get lost in a thread of this type.

Some quick responses:

L Rieder:
I find that my main gripe is that there does not appear to be the automatic link to Strong's when in Bible mode.

If you link a Bible to a Strongs Dictionary - https://wiki.logos.com/Linking_Resources - then clicking on a word in a Bible (assuming it has a reverse interlinear) will update the Dictionary to the relevant entry

L Rieder:
1. It is very difficult to find a book in the library. In Wordsearch they were arranged in categories which made searching much easier - can you not do the same?

The faceted browser in the Library window is intended to provide this sort of functionality. Does this give you what you are looking for?

L Rieder:
2. The Pie charts are not helpful since they are not easily linked to Strongs and do not even tell you all the words - just give slices with no explanation. Can you not label each slice with the Strongs' number as well as the word?

The emphasis in the Bible Word Study Guide - and the key linking mechanism in Logos - is the lemma and not the Strong's Number.

Clicking a segment shows where the lemma has been translated with that specific word. What specific problem is caused by the lack of a Strong's Number 

L Rieder:
Altogether I find it much less user friendly than Wordsearch and wonder why we have to change.

I am sorry to hear that and, as a user of the software, I have no insight into the commercial reasons behind the transaction. I do understand that you are able to continue to use the Wordsearch software although I don't believe it will continue to be developed.

Graham

Posts 1
Dan Lemon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 3:43 AM

Adult Questions for LESSONmaker.

Thanks.

Posts 4
Dominick Mastromonaco | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 3:52 AM

I was surprised to see so many feel the same way I do. Thompson Chain Reference. But I can still use my Wordsearch program will I wait. And now Logos 9 just came out Smile

Posts 1
James Vandermark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 3:57 AM

exegetical guide to the greek NT

Posts 24894
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 4:08 AM

Hi James - and welcome to the forums

James Vandermark:

exegetical guide to the greek NT

These are currently available as ebooks - see https://www.logos.com/product/190299/2-corinthians for an example - and are being transition to full Logos editions.

Graham

Posts 17
Kennet | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 4:12 AM

Beginning with New Testament Greek

Going Deeper with New Testament Greek: An Intermediate Study of the Grammar and Syntax of the New Testament

Complete Biblical Library

Exegetical Guide to the Greek New Testament

Posts 19336
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 4:35 AM

Graham Criddle:

L Rieder:
First of all may I say how poorly Logos compares with Wordsearch

I'm sorry to hear this. But I would suggest raising issues of this nature by creating a separate thread in this forum so your concerns don't get lost in a thread of this type.

+1 Yes Welcome Big Smile plus concur with suggestion to create separate thread(s). Ideally each thread focuses on one topic.

L Rieder:
First of all may I say how poorly Logos compares with Wordsearch. I find that my main gripe is that there does not appear to be the automatic link to Strong's when in Bible mode. This was one of my most used functions in Wordsearch, so I trust this will be resolved rapidly.

Thankful for Bible Word Study Panel Linking so clicking on a word in a Bible changes lexicon location to Greek headword (lemma) entry. Also Thankful for Information Tool having configuration choice to refresh on click OR hover (my preference is click). If the Bible has Strong's numbers, can see number in Information Tool and Right Click (has more context choices for lemma than Strong's)

A number of Greek lexicons for use in Logos & Verbum have Greek headword (lemma) indexing while lacking Strong's numbering of lemma's. For example, Traveler in Didache 12.2 translates παρόδιός that has a Greek headword entry in A Greek–English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature, 3rd ed. (BDAG). Strong's numbering does not group related Greek words (nouns, verbs, ...), but Logos & Verbum have Greek root that can be searched to find related words: e.g. <Root = lbs/el/χαιρω>

L Rieder:

Logos Wiki has Library page (many ways to filter/find books in library). Logos Help Center (LHC) has Videos and Tutorials

L Rieder:

Logos & Verbum have a learning curve for effective use. Thankful for many friendly forum and Faithlife discussions: have learned a lot plus have a lot to learn. Likewise lack insight into reasons for migration from Wordsearch to Logos & Verbum.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Mickey Partap | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 4:44 AM

Bible Biography Series and Christ Centered Exposition Series.

Posts 7
Stephen E Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 4:54 AM

Hi,

It looks like you’ve got it figured out pretty good. The most important is the CBL. The most important subset of that is the CBL Commentary. I think that it is important that the Commentary operates as one book- NOT as a multiple volume commentary. It is most valuable when used like Expositors (abridged) , or like the Bible Knowledge Commentary. The Word Study is very good, too. I used it as often as I used Little Kittle. 

Next, I would say, “What the Bible Says.” A lot of Ah-ha moments with this one. “Try it you’ll like it” is apropos. Many times I was surprised that it out performed a ranked commentary on “ Best Commentaries.com. 

Interpreters is good. Thompson Chain Reference is good. 

Steve

Posts 1
Les Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 4:55 AM

Agree! This is one of my favorite resources!

Posts 1
Bob Dysart | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 5:03 AM

The HCSB STUDY BIBLE, as I have to Daily load Wordsearch.

Posts 24894
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 5:14 AM

HI Bob - and  welcome to the forums

Bob Dysart:
The HCSB STUDY BIBLE

This is available in Logos

Either as both BIble and Notes - https://www.logos.com/product/188509/csb-study-bible or just the notes - https://www.logos.com/product/144096/csb-study-bible 

Graham

Page 8 of 22 (438 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS