Which new Wordsearch resources would you like to see first?

Page 15 of 23 (444 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last »
This post has 443 Replies | 62 Followers

Posts 1
Stanley Marshall | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 5:13 PM

I have invested a lot into Wordsearch bible, so I would like to see preacher, sermon, outline bible, butler series, and many more. 

Posts 1
Everett L Brooks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 5:51 PM

Barne's Notes on the New Testament.  Need one volume as in Wordsearch; in Logos 8 there are 26 individual volumes.

Thanks.

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

Everett L Brooks:

Barne's Notes on the New Testament.  Need one volume as in Wordsearch; in Logos 8 there are 26 individual volumes.

This resource will stay as multiple volumes in Logos; we won't be building a single-volume version.

They won't show a unified Table of Contents (as WS did), but you can navigate between the multiple resources by entering a reference from another NT book in the reference box at the top of the resource panel.

Posts 1
Mrs. Cindy Grantham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 5:07 AM

My favorite resource is the Complete Biblical Library.  Old Testament and New Testament, Harmony of the Gospels and all the Lexicons. 

Posts 3
Guy_P | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 9:28 AM

The most important one to me is 

Going Deeper with New Testament Greek, Revised Edition: An Intermediate Study of the Grammar and Syntax of the New Testament

Textbook by Andreas J. Köstenberger, Benjamin L. Merkle, and Robert L. Plummer I was about to start working through it but would prefer to do so in Logos
Posts 4
Paul Coetzee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 11:41 AM

Here is my list

Strong's Talking Greek and Hebrew Dictionary
Life Application Study Bible (1)
The Ultimate Bible Outline Book: Every Book of the Bible Made Simple
The Complete Biblical Library
HCSB Study Bible
The Interpreter's Bible - Exposition: Volume 3
The Interpreter's Bible - Exposition: Volume 6
Fire Bible
The Expositor's Bible: Genesis
Holman Illustrated Bible Handbook
All Dakes's works
The Biblical Expositor: Volume 2: Job-Malachi
The Biblical Expositor: Volume 3: Matthew-Revelation
Unger’s Outlines
Thompson Chain
AMG’s Complete Word Study Bible

Posts 13
Nicholas Nelson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 12:13 PM

I hand picked all my Wordsearch content. I started using Wordsearch before they offered packaged levels. So almost everything is important to me.

My priorities are reference works. Interlinears (I have three or four in WS), Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, original language lexicons and so on. 

One of the most important of the Interlinears that was a part of my WS is a complete library which has exceptional information offered but is not coded to Strong's numbers. It is called "The Complete Biblical Library" It has no equal. Dictionaries are also very important, for example "Webster's 1913 Unabridged English Dictionary. This dictionary is especially valuable to those of us who use the ASV 1901 translation.

I would like to see commentaries represented by a single icon. Logos does do this with some commentaries but not all. That is why the logos library is so cluttered and time consuming to use. A different icon for every single book, wow. Same with any dictionaries or publications that have a series of books. One representative icon should suffice. IMHO

Some of the books that you have already brought over are rather functionless. I have a book, "Great American Documents," as a part of my Wordsearch Library. It has already been turned into an E-Book. Guess what? There is no table of contents. So unless you remember every document in this book, you cannot access them. Every E-Book should have a functional table of contents. That is just basics. 

Posts 13
Nicholas Nelson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 12:13 PM

Paul, Great list, I owned them all and could not agree more.

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

Nicholas Nelson:
Some of the books that you have already brought over are rather functionless. I have a book, "Great American Documents," as a part of my Wordsearch Library. It has already been turned into an E-Book. Guess what? There is no table of contents. So unless you remember every document in this book, you cannot access them. Every E-Book should have a functional table of contents. That is just basics. 

Our approach to Wordsearch resource conversion is discussed here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/193938/1117970.aspx#1117970 

We wanted to get you the books ASAP, then work on bringing the quality up to our regular standards. So I expect that the Tables of Contents for the EPUBs we automatically converted will be improved in resource updates over the next few months. Thanks for your patience!

Posts 7
JASON HINES | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:50 PM

Encyclopedia of 15,000 Illustrations (Tan)

Thompson Chain Marginal Notes

Thompson Chain Reference Bible Companion

A Dictionary of Bible Types

Holman Illustrated Study Bible

KJV Master Study Bible: Cornerstone Encyclopedia

The Classical Study Bible

McHenry’s Quips, Quotes & Other Notes

Posts 1
Dan Richardson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 9:58 PM

The titles which I use regularly in Wordsearch and am awaiting Logos versions are:

my Interlinear Bible (New Testament),

The Strong's Dictionary (KJV, HCSB, and NASB95 can display Strong's numbers)

The Reformation Study Bible (I own this in Wordsearch, but it is not in my Logos library and I know it is for sale in Logos)

Vine's Expository Dictionary

Thank you,

Dan Richardson

Posts 19430
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 11:07 PM

Dan Richardson:

The Reformation Study Bible (I own this in Wordsearch, but it is not in my Logos library and I know it is for sale in Logos)

Welcome Big Smile

Curious about Wordsearch ID ? Found two Reformation Study Bibles in Catalog listing => https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog

Logos.com has the 2015 edition => Reformation Study Bible Notes (2015) (seem to remember Reformation Study Bible having three editions)

Dan Richardson:
The Strong's Dictionary (KJV, HCSB, and NASB95 can display Strong's numbers)

Searching Logos.com for Strong's Dictionary finds many resources => https://www.logos.com/search?query=strongs%20dictionary&sortBy=Relevance&limit=60&page=1&ownership=all&geographicAvailability=all 

Logos (& Verbum) Bible Software uses Original Language lemma for linking resources: e.g. Right Click, click Lemma (ring) has Factbook & Bible Word Study (does not appear for Strong's). A number of explanatory lexicons do not have Strong's numbers (useful for lemma's in other literature, especially lemma's that do not have Strong's number).

Most Reverse Interlinear Bibles have Strong's numbers. Logos Wiki => Reverse-Interlinear/Interlinear Bibles has a list near the bottom.

Dan Richardson:
Vine's Expository Dictionary

Already available in Logos => Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words (is one lexicon that has Strong's numbering indexing & Original Language headword indexing).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Phillip E. Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 8:21 AM

I would really like to see a copy of  the KJV bible with Strong's Numbers. 

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

Phillip E. Pearson:

That's already converted for everyone who owned it in Wordsearch: https://ref.ly/logosres/LLS%3A1.0.3 

Posts 2513
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 8:34 AM

Phillip E. Pearson:

KJV (based upon the Pure Cambridge edition of 1900) is tagged with a Reverse Interlinear [including Strong's numbers]

Here is the resource information

https://www.logos.com/product/17910/the-holy-bible-king-james-version 

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2513
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 8:38 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
That's already converted for everyone who owned it in Wordsearch: https://ref.ly/logosres/LLS%3A1.0.3 

Bradley, this link opens for me the AV (without RI). Is a better link to the Cambridge 1900?

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

David Thomas:

Bradley, this link opens for me the AV (without RI). Is a better link to the Cambridge 1900?

Nope, it's linked to the equivalent resource for the Wordsearch content.

Strong's Numbers are available through the right-click menu and Search.

Posts 2513
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 10:00 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
Strong's Numbers are available through the right-click menu and Search.

I bow to your superior knowledge of the product Big Smile I didn't think about right-click tagging, I only thought of RI filters.

As I've said often "6 words can save any relationship: you're right, I'm wrong, I'm sorry"

Posts 234
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 10:38 AM

I made entries for the following in the feedback forums. Please vote for your favorites. It is not an exhaustive list. I got tired before I got done going through the thread and if there was a post with more than three, I only wrote down three. Also, I did not include interlinears or reverse interlinears or Xrefs. If you would like to see other books, please make an entry there. That way you can see when it is Planned and implemented, etc. The more votes, I bet the faster it gets done. LOL Here is the link:logos book requests

Interpreter's Bible

Modern Creation Trilogy

Wilmington's Complete Guide to Bible Knowledge

Rod Mattoon's Commentaries

Dake's Notes / Outlines

What the Bible Teaches Commentaries

AMG Complete Word Study Bible

Preacher's Outline and Sermon Bible

Pulpit Commentary

Teach the Text Commentary

Signs of the Time - Encylcopedia of 15000 Illustrations

NLT Life Application Bible

Exegetical Commentary On Matthew' by Spiros Zodhiates

Parsons Bible Atlas

Parsons Bible Maps

Andrew Wommack's Living Commentary

Swindoll's Living Insights New Testament Commentary

AMG's Encyclopedia of Bible Facts

Holman Illustrated Bible Handbook

HCSB Study Bible

Expository Preaching through the Old Testament

Treasures from the Scriptures Rod Mattoon

John Butler Commentary

Books by Matt Queen

Adult Questions for Lessonmaker

Holman Bible Dictionary

Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary

Homan Commentary

MacArthur's Commentaries

Bible in Basic English

Standard Lesson Commentary 2020-2021

Easton's Illustrated Dictionary

D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones Theologivcal Lectures

Liberty University Cuuriculum

OT Keil & Delitzsch;

Vincent Word Studies

Italian Language Bibles

Journey Series Bible Studies

Ancient Christian Commentary in Scripture - Already in Logos, if you don't have it, check on it. Thanks Phil.

Ancient Christian Doctrine

Strong's Talking Greek Hebrew Dictionary

Defender's Study Bible by Morris

Disaster Ministry Handbook

Disciple's study Bible

Layman's Bible Commentary

Young's Analytical Concordance

Tony Evans Bible Commentary

Popular Commentary of the Bible

Carla

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 11:02 AM

David Thomas:
I didn't think about right-click tagging, I only thought of RI filters.

The KJV 1900 does have more advanced RI functionality, as you suggested, but LLS:1.0.3 is a closer match to the text and formatting of the WS resource so we decided it was the better one to unlock.

Page 15 of 23 (444 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS