Which new Wordsearch resources would you like to see first?

Page 19 of 23 (444 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last »
This post has 443 Replies | 62 Followers

Posts 3
Richard Summitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 10:27 AM

My wife nd I know how you feel--we have even attended Logos training seminar with Morris Proctor--still it takes much valuable time when in Wordsearch we could accomplish what we needed in so much less time--seems as though Logos has complicated matters much like when Jesus came to earth, seeing how the simple messages of God were complicated by the teachers of that day. 

Posts 5561
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 12:12 PM

Bobby and Kimberly Atwood:
Word Search had a Strong's numbering system built into the KJV where all I had to do is just hover over the number and "BAM" there it is.

You have an option, a one-click or a two-click solution.

For a one-click solution keep the information panel open with the 'Definition' settings including what you want to look up.

You can reduce this to a one-click solution by setting your system to 'Update on Hover'. Mine is set to 'Update on Click".

The two-click solution requires less screen space. Two-finger click on the trackpad (right-click if using a mouse) and providing Strongs is pre-selected in the left column you can just click on the source you want the definition from.

(ok it might actually be a three-click solution)

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 19430
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2020 6:24 PM

Word Search had a Strong's numbering system built into the KJV where all I had to do is just hover over the number and "BAM" there it is.

Suggest opening Tools => Information followed by clicking three dots to choose Update on Hover

Hovering over a Bible word in a Reverse Interlinear enabled Bible: e.g. King James Version (1900) that is freely included in Logos 8 Basic causes Information Tool to refresh section contents for "BAM" there it is. Note: Logos & Verbum information lookup uses original language lemma, which is useful in non-Bible resources: e.g. Apostolic Fathers that includes Didache (Teaching of the Twelve Apostles).

Strong's numbering does not group related original language words (nouns, verbs, ...), but Logos & Verbum have root grouping that can be searched to find related words: e.g. Greek Strong's 27 is ἀγαπητός (adjective: beloved), Greek Strong's 25 is ἀγαπάω (verb: to love), Greek Strong's 26 is ἀγάπη (noun: love). Searching for root <Root = lbs/el/αγαπαω> finds these three related love lemma's in Matthew:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 485
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 12:21 AM

I mean, Word Search had a Strong's numbering system built into the KJV where all I had to do is just hover over the number and "BAM" there it is. Maybe some one on one help could benefit me but once again, how much time will it take

This is not too hard to set up in Logos once you know how. You need 2 things and a little setup.

1) Any Bible that has a reverse Interlinear feature.
2) A Lexicon that is indexed on Strong's Numbers. such as https://www.logos.com/product/10514/the-new-strongs-concise-dictionary-of-the-words-in-the-greek-testament-and-the-hebrew-bible 

1st you will want to set up your Reverse Interlinear to "Look Like" a WordSearch Bible with the Strongs Numbers turned on.

This is what you would have seen in WordSearch. See the # button? You know this turns the Strongs Numbers on and off.

Next open your Logos Bible with a Reverse Interlinear feature. You will know that the Bible has this when you see this button at the top of the Bible.

There is a drop down arrow just to the right of the button click it to configure how the reverse interlinear will display.
(once you configure the display, this is how it will always show up until you change it. You turn the feature/display on aand off by clicking the button-not the arrow, just like you click on the # button in W.S.)

To set this up...

1) Choose the drop down

2) Check the Inline Reverse Interlinear box.
    Check The Surface Box.
3) Check the Strong's Numbers box.

Click outside of the menu to close it.

To activate Bible with Strongs numbers now click the 4) Reverse interlinear Button (again the button not the drop-down arrow).

Your Bible will appear similar to this (very similar to what you had in W.S.)

When you 5) hover over the Strongs Number, you will get a pop-up.

The neat thing about this is you do not have to use the Strongs Lexicon. You can use ANY lexicon that is indexed on Strongs numbers.

One last item is that you will want to have prioritized your Lexicon of choice so Logos will use it for the pop-up display.

One last un-cluttered image to see the resource set up this way. (See the WordSearch version in the first image for this post above.)

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

Mickey Little:

How do we know when new titles are added? Do I just once a month go to the store and search? 

They will download into your library automatically.

You can also keep an eye on https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration 

Posts 485
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 5:52 PM

I mean, Word Search had a Strong's numbering system built into the KJV where all I had to do is just hover over the number and "BAM" there it is.

To revisit this topic for just a sec. per my post above, LOGOS actually has a good tutorial page on using Strong's numbers here...

https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028307111-Using-Strong-s-Numbers 

you might want to check it out.

Posts 10
Stephen David Parkin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 11:08 PM

Hi

Wouldn't it be more useful to have a  list of Wordsearch books "not started" separately.  That is more of interest to me as" in progress" I know they will be available soon. Otherwise you have to trawl through the list of all the books to find them. Then we could monitor those not started. But I don't know how hard that would be to produce?

Anyone agree?

Thanks

Steve

Posts 19
Drew Holland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2020 7:52 AM

Steve,

If you go to the page Bradley linked to above and click on Status twice, the list will be re-sorted so Not Started items are at the top.

Posts 12
Martin Kuiper | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2020 9:34 PM

Thompson Chain Reference Bible please. Would be a nice Christmas gift Wink

Posts 2
Richard Nations | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2020 7:17 AM

Any of the Holman or B and H products that I owned in Wordsearch. I see that you are now promoting B and H and  Holman products in Logos.  I will be glad to get these resources updated for Logos.  Thanks.

Posts 38
Danny Jenkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2020 2:58 PM

I would like to see Christ Centered, please. Use this Commentary all the time.

Thanks

Danny Jenkins 

Posts 1
Isaac Osei | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2020 11:51 AM

Thompson Chain Reference definitely and for sure. I am not sure if it is already migrated. I cannot find this book I purchase in the Logos library. May you confirm or point me to the right way of searching for it. 

Posts 38
Danny Jenkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2020 5:43 PM

I have a Resource that isn't listed on "My research Library in Logos." I am waiting for "Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary" by Tony Merida and edited by David Platt, Daniel L. Akin, and Tony Merida. Can someone tell me if this set of book is going to be transfer over from WS to Logos?

Thanks, Danny: Big Smile

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

Danny Jenkins:

I have a Resource that isn't listed on "My research Library in Logos." I am waiting for "Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary" by Tony Merida and edited by David Platt, Daniel L. Akin, and Tony Merida. Can someone tell me if this set of book is going to be transfer over from WS to Logos?

These should all be available to you (as Faithlife Ebooks, not Research editions). They don't have the full tagging yet, so they will show up under their individual titles, i.e., Exalting Jesus in (Book), rather than under Christ-Centered Commentary.

Posts 2
Jerry Howard Atkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2020 12:49 AM

Thanks for the Pleasure. Rod Mattoon's books. Pastor Jerry Atkins

Posts 1
carl forestiforesti | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2020 10:16 AM

Would love to see the "What the Bible Teaches" Commentary Series migrated sooner rather than later.

Posts 13
Nicholas Nelson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2020 6:16 PM

I would like to see the Webster's 1913 Unabridged English Dictionary brought over. My main reason is when I use older English translations, it is beneficial to use dictionary from the same time period as the Translation. There is also an 1828 version of the Webster's Dictionary. They both are worth while. I have them both in E-Sword but only the 1913 in Wordsearch.

Posts 485
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2020 6:45 PM

This Dictionary https://www.logos.com/product/26428/american-dictionary-of-the-english-language 

is in this bundle https://www.logos.com/product/26275/the-christian-history-library .

Yea, it is pricy, but a bit more manageable if you have the academic discount.

Posts 1
John R. St John | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2020 11:01 AM

The Complete Biblical Library Interlinear Bible is essential as a co-tool with the Complete Biblical Library Greek to English and Hebrew to English Dictionary.....I  use it weekly and would appreciate it appearing ASAP...Thanks,

John St. John

Posts 10
Brad Bryant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2020 8:38 AM

AGREE!!!

Page 19 of 23 (444 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS