Citation Help - "Raising Women Leaders"

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 110
Kristin Dantzler | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 26 2020 11:59 AM

I wanted to know if there was anyone out there who owns a hard copy of Raising Women Leaders: Perspectives on Liberating Women in Pentecostal and Charismatic Contexts, edited by Shane Clifton and Jacqueline Grey? I only own it on Kindle which does not give page numbers, and since I am using this book for a seminary paper, I need the page numbers for my footnotes and bibliography. If you do happen to own the book, could you please tell me the range of page numbers for chapter 7 - "The Trinity Argument," written by Kevin Giles? If I could just get those, I can work from there.

Posts 1401
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 12:03 PM

I assume you are using Turabian / Chicago style since it's for seminary? If so, you can just cite it as an electronic work and no page number would be needed, or you can cite the print edition and use "n.p." [need page] for the page number. Just an FYI. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 110
Kristin Dantzler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 12:10 PM

Yes, sir, I am using Turabian/Chicago. That is very helpful! I did not realize that I could do that. Thank you!

Posts 1401
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 12:26 PM

You're most welcome.

So, for print, it would look like this:

Aubrey Malphurs, Planting Growing Churches for the 21st Century: A Comprehensive Guide for New Churches and Those Desiring Renewal, 3 ed. (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 2004), n.p.

And for a Kindle edition:

Joel Comiskey, Planting Churches That Reproduce: Starting a Network of Simple Churches, Kindle electronic edition. (Moreno Valley, CA: CCS Publishing, 2008).

or

Joel Comiskey, Planting Churches That Reproduce: Starting a Network of Simple Churches, Kindle electronic edition. (Moreno Valley, CA: CCS Publishing, 2008), loc. 4544.   [where 4544 is the Kindle "location"].

Page or location numbers really are not needed when citing electronic volumes, since people can simply search for your cited material in the electronic volume. An author should assume the reader will use the same type of resource medium as the writer, thus your readers, if going to the Kindle version to check out the cited material, wouldn't have the benefit of page numbers either.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 110
Kristin Dantzler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 26 2020 12:47 PM

Great! Thank you so much!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS