Daniel Aguilera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2022 7:42 AM

I can't wait for LOGOS 10. I'm going to be a reviewer before it comes out

Posts 6
Daniel Aguilera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2022 7:42 AM

I can't wait for LOGOS 10. I'm going to be a reviewer before it comes out

Posts 842
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2022 9:16 AM

Gregory Lawhorn:
Here are some exciting features coming soon in Logos 10!

I'm hoping for:

Evangelical Buzzword Finder - "Unpack" and identify all of the latest verbiage!  New words added every day.  Collections from past decades and generations available (SUPER!)

Dubious Aphorisms and Quotes Filter - "When love is felt, the Gospel is heard."  Biblical or theological logic/consistency/orthodoxy is optional and certainly NOT required - just add emotion/God words/rhetorical pause for effect ... and you're there!  This filter will help you identify DubAph&Quo's so you, too, can use them in your speaking and teaching.

I-Hope-I-am-the-Next-Big-Thing Neologisms Tool - Also known as Coining-New-Phrases-and-Buzzwords-in-Hopes-That-You-Can-Lead-the-Parade Tool.  Book sales, TV interviews, published articles, seminar speaking invitations, etc. are not guaranteed - but this tool is a first step.

JRS has left the building.

Posts 1635
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2022 9:51 AM

JRS:

I'm hoping for:

Evangelical Buzzword Finder - "Unpack" and identify all of the latest verbiage!  New words added every day.  Collections from past decades and generations available (SUPER!)

Dubious Aphorisms and Quotes Filter - "When love is felt, the Gospel is heard."  Biblical or theological logic/consistency/orthodoxy is optional and certainly NOT required - just add emotion/God words/rhetorical pause for effect ... and you're there!  This filter will help you identify DubAph&Quo's so you, too, can use them in your speaking and teaching.

I-Hope-I-am-the-Next-Big-Thing Neologisms Tool - Also known as Coining-New-Phrases-and-Buzzwords-in-Hopes-That-You-Can-Lead-the-Parade Tool.  Book sales, TV interviews, published articles, seminar speaking invitations, etc. are not guaranteed - but this tool is a first step.

Excellent choices.  You probably have your 'ear to the ground' (practicing), but with these features, I'm thinking 'not tired old arguments!', 'fresh new perspectives!' and 'refusing the latest trendy thinking'.

Posts 1481
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2022 10:13 AM

JRS:

Gregory Lawhorn:
Here are some exciting features coming soon in Logos 10!

I'm hoping for:

I wanted to make a reply using buzzwords to praise this... but I suspect anything I said would sound dated... Wink

WIN 11 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 842
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2022 10:43 AM

To be honest, I was really debating adding the Overly-Obtuse Latinism Generator, but I fear that it  is only a pipe dream.  Oh well,  maybe  some  day ...

Posts 1481
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2022 11:04 AM

JRS:

To be honest, I was really debating adding the Overly-Obtuse Latinism Generator, but I fear that it  is only a pipe dream.  Oh well,  maybe  some  day ...

Call it the Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur tool?

Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 1262
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2022 6:20 PM

After much delibierium and even some thinking....  I have through a conscientious effort came to the conclusion of two things...

That you guys are actually on side of being certifiable nuts.... or are so far above me that I am on the lesser world....  lol

But I do enjoy the rhetoric... Thanks.

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 842
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2022 5:15 AM

David Wanat:
Call it the Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur tool?

Excellent!  Had to look it up - https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Quidquid_latine_dictum_sit,_altum_videtur - but it definitely works.  Smile

Posts 133
skypeace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2022 6:31 AM

On October 10th maybe?

A Slave of Christ, Cancelled by Culture, Affirmed by God! HCSB, yes I am that guy!

Posts 2580
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2022 1:43 PM

skypeace:

On October 10th maybe?

If so, I hope I get my birthday money first. 

Posts 24
Michael John Nisbett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2022 4:41 PM

How about Logos 10 on 10/10/2022? Looks like it to me!

Posts 1481
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2022 5:33 PM

Michael John Nisbett:

How about Logos 10 on 10/10/2022? Looks like it to me!

Me too. I think FL did this to spite me 😉

Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 6
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 23 2022 8:17 AM

This in email:

Just a little longer before we get to share the big news! Join us at 6:00 a.m. (PDT) on October 10th to hear a big Logos announcement.

This thread should be locked in a few days!

Posts 1262
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 23 2022 1:04 PM

Big news???   Is Logos going to give everyone Logos 10 for free??? 

Geeked

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 36311
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 23 2022 2:20 PM

xnman:
 Is Logos going to give everyone Logos 10 for free??? 

Yes, they will do this, but the date is not normally announced with the initial release.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1262
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 1:34 PM

MJ. Smith:

xnman:
 Is Logos going to give everyone Logos 10 for free??? 

Yes, they will do this, but the date is not normally announced with the initial release.

M.J.  Gotta love you!!!   lol

Barney Fife is my hero!

Page 14 of 14 (277 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 | RSS