So what was unbound?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5527
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 27 2020 7:49 PM

Now the dust has settled and we all had fun with the term unbound pre-release, what has Logos 9 unbound that was previously bound in Logos 8 and earlier version?

Did they use the word unbound during the launch event or was it just a throw away marketing tag to say the new version was being what could have been said with other terms such as unveiled or unwrapped?

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 8:36 PM

Well, my guess is it's just some marketing gin-up, and nothing wrong with that.

But stepping back, either intensionally, or unintensionally, L9 seems to break away from 'the pack'. Decades of 'automating 1910'. The increasing emphasis on preaching (litergy too?), humanity (counciling, etc), and hopefully Bible classes, is new ground. Covid-threats as introducing new channels for Jesus' cosmos-command. The old BW, WS, and Accordance just could not (and can not) be players in this new direction. Unbound.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1031
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 8:53 PM

Perhaps unleashing our libraries, books, and getting the Word out? I heard Mobile 2 mentioned during the announcement. What is that?

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:03 PM

I thought it was the NiLe that was unbound when it overflowed the ShOre. Confused

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 4132
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:10 PM

I was really looking forward to a neural link, and uploading my library to my brain :)

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 5527
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 11:10 PM

If must of been flood season in Egypt Bellingham.

PetahChristian:

I thought it was the NiLe that was unbound when it overflowed the ShOre. Confused

Posts 689
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 1:14 AM

The opposite of binding is releasing. I think the “unbound” wording for the event was literally just saying that they would be releasing something.

Posts 33
Fábio Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 2:13 AM

Yes please.

Take my money!

Posts 9530
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 5:36 AM

James McAdams:

The opposite of binding is releasing. I think the “unbound” wording for the event was literally just saying that they would be releasing something.

That's it!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 957
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 7:04 AM

Our wallets? Wink

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 973
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 7:11 AM

James McAdams:

Agreed. Their whole marketing theme was coded language using numerology and anagrams. Unbound just meant "we're finally releasing Logos 9."

Just marketing. Nothing to see here folks, move along. lol

Posts 7853
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 7:17 AM

The Fact Book is not bound to the desktop only 😂

Posts 957
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 7:18 AM

James McAdams:

given their winks during the announcement period, I think that’s exactly it 👍

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 31293
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2020 11:43 AM

A serious answer - some of the more underutilized data such as figurative language. It is now exposed in Factbook in ways that were not possible before e.g. figurative language re: Abraham ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS