*****Expositions of Holy Scripture (33 vols.) INDEX IS MISSING

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 57
skypeace | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 27 2020 7:53 PM

Expositions of Holy Scripture (33 vols.) The INDEX IS MISSING

In Wordsearch this title includes the index as part of its functionality, in the Logos catalog the Index is priced at $0.00 but wants to charge me $5.54 plus tax as the Dynamic price for this resource.  "C'mon Man!"Cool

Posts 33447
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 8:06 PM

Faithlife generally does not include the index in a product unless the index provides additional information. Generally, an inline Search is a replacement for an index and better suited to the scrolling electronic form.

As for the dynamic price sometimes going bonkers, Faithlife has yet to change the laws of mathematics. Those laws ensure that with varying prices paid and varying prices for packages no formula can be written that doesn't go bonkers sometimes. I can actually prove it but won't bore you with it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9527
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 8:33 PM

skypeace:
Expositions of Holy Scripture (33 vols.) The INDEX IS MISSING

I suspect something is up with the licensing. You should have been given the Index as a WordSearch owner. If no one from FL responds here, give Customer Service a call.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 57
skypeace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 8:38 PM

Just got off the phone with customer service and they asked that I email an image from Wordsearch displaying how the books are accessed and indexed in that program so I thought I would post the image here in this thread also. 

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

skypeace:
In Wordsearch this title includes the index as part of its functionality

In what way? I'm not seeing the text of the Index in the WS resources (although I do see "AN APPRECIATION BY W. ROBERTSON NICOLL" which is in the Index in Logos included as part of the 1 John 5, 2 and 3 John, Jude, and Revelation volume in WS).

I think we can get this unlocked for you; I just want to make sure we're aligning them correctly so I need a little help understanding how the Index is included in WS.

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

skypeace:

Just got off the phone with customer service and they asked that I email an image from Wordsearch displaying how the books are accessed and indexed in that program so I thought I would post the image here in this thread also. 

I see the Genesis volume (0:2753) there, which we've aligned to LLS:EHSMACLAREN01GE.

Posts 57
skypeace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 11:14 AM

Went ahead and paid for the index as that is the only way it seems I was going to get the complete set.  Just hate being nickled and dimed.  Shalom

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 11:18 AM

You should return it; you're going to get it for free.

I was waiting for you to answer my questions above (https://community.logos.com/forums/p/195366/1129396.aspx#1129396) before proceeding with the alignment. I wanted to understand how you were using the content in Wordsearch.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS