Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 23
Mason Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 28 2020 11:31 AM

On the Logos website there appears to be an option to increase the playback speed of the sample videos. But on the course I own, in the desktop app, I can't find anywhere that would allow me to do this. Is there a way to speed up the lecture videos? 

Some are spoken at such a slow pace that is hard to sit through. 

Posts 33245
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 5:12 PM

bump 13

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 579
Caleb S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2020 7:59 PM

I would find this a useful addition to the Logos Mobile Education video player on the desktop. There are professors who talk very slowly, and it would be nice to speed them up, and have some options such as normal, 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x, and 2x speed. That should be enough options in my opinion.

Posts 39
Paul Lehr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2020 7:39 AM

I have taken quite a few of theses courses and all have the ability to change speed in lower left corner of the video box. It should start at 1x. Clicking makes it go up to 1.4x, 2x, 0.75x, back to 1x. It just cycles through the speeds with each click. This is in windows 10. It is not available on web app or IOS app on my Ipad. I wish that it did work on my Ipad.  This has been working like I described (for me anyway) as long as I can remember. I am currently using version 9.0 SR-2.

Posts 1164
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2020 7:59 AM

I find the speakers to be much more charismatic and engaging at 3x speed - thanks;)

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 14
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2020 8:37 AM

From this thread, the video speed seems to be the Mac version of Logos lacking the same features as the Windows version. It would be nice if Logos could add video speed adjustments to the Mac & iOS.

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/161603/1042957.aspx#1042957 

Posts 5416
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2020 9:56 AM

John Goodman:

I find the speakers to be much more charismatic and engaging at 3x speed - thanks;)

Whether this is intended as a joke or not, it certainly wouldn't hurt to offer 2.5x & 3x. Some Southern drawls are so drawn out it would take 3x just to equal a Yankee twang.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS