Using Carta

Page 3 of 3 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 58 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 2509
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 6:33 AM

Mark:

Beloved Amodeo:
My guess is in Windows one would hold down the CTRL key to achieve the same result.

Does not seem to work for me, but thanks for the suggestion

For the atlas resources, if you press the shift key when you select them from the PG or Cited By tool they should open in a floating window which is often more useful.

Posts 269
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 6:40 AM

Hi Graham,

I, too, am unable to get any results. My system has finished indexing. I created the Carta collection (publisher:carta) which correctly added all the resources. However, neither the cited by tool nor the search you mentioned produce any hits - I've tried <Acts 7:54> and <Acts 7> and even <Acts>!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posts 269
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 6:40 AM

Hi Graham,

I, too, am unable to get any results. My system has finished indexing. I created the Carta collection (publisher:carta) which correctly added all the resources. However, neither the cited by tool nor the search you mentioned produce any hits - I've tried <Acts 7:54> and <Acts 7> and even <Acts>!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posts 269
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:01 AM

Hi Beloved and Graham,

I seem to be in the same boat as Beloved - did you ever get it working.

I am getting zero hits. My Logos has finished indexing and I have rebooted.

I made a collection based on the rule 'publisher:carta' which correctly identified the books in the collection. (See attached image).

Neither the Cited By nor the basic search suggested by Graham produces and results. I tried also <Acts 7> and even <Acts> but all give no results. (See attached)

Have I made a mistake somewhere? Thanks.

Posts 24277
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:18 AM

James Hudson:
Neither the Cited By nor the basic search suggested by Graham produces and results. I tried also <Acts 7> and even <Acts> but all give no results. (See attached)

That all looks correct.

Do you have the Carta Bible Atlas downloaded to your system?

Posts 269
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:35 AM

Graham Criddle:

James Hudson:

That all looks correct.

Thanks for the super-quick response. Yes I have all the Carta resources downloaded and indexed.

Any other suggestions? Thanks again,

James

Posts 269
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:39 AM

Graham Criddle:

James Hudson:

That all looks correct.

Thanks for the super-quick response.

Yes I have all the Carta resources downloaded and indexed (see image)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

James

Posts 164
Dennis Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 9:37 AM

Thanks for the Search Graham.  I also thought I would just try to add the Search as a shortcut and it worked! I have never tried this before so I'm not sure if its part of the new feature-set but I'm pretty happy about it.  I then created a shortcut folder for "saved searches" so now I can have important or complex searches right in my shortcut folder.  Its a good Friday! 

Posts 24277
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 9:42 AM

Dennis Davis:
  I then created a shortcut folder for "saved searches" so now I can have important or complex searches right in my shortcut folder

Excellent - sounds good.

You can also save searches in Favorites if that option would be of interest to you.

Posts 269
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 10:30 AM

Hmm, 

Now I am confused...

It works fine on my Surface Pro, but my laptop is still showing 0 results for the same search!

Any ideas why that might be?

Posts 24277
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 10:44 AM

James Hudson:
It works fine on my Surface Pro, but my laptop is still showing 0 results for the same search!

It could be an index issue,

You could try the rebuild index command. It could take some time!

Posts 269
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 11:00 AM

Graham Criddle:

James Hudson:

Thanks again Graham!

I think I agree and will try that overnight!

Posts 1530
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 6:50 AM

This entire thread has been very helpful.  Thanks to everyone who contributed.  Smile

I'm very thankful to finally have Carta resources in Logos--been waiting (along with many others) for quite a while.  One feature I wish was available however with all the Carta resources, is to the ability to size/scale all images (maps/charts/photos) separately from the main text.  If that's too difficult/costly to incorporate, the ability to right click on an image and see an option to open the image in a separate tab and/or a floating window (preferably both options listed as choices), along with the current "right click" options to Copy, Save as, Send, and Print would be extremely helpful, and I'm thinking the coding to do that would be much easier to incorporate since the "right click" feature is already in place.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 7:01 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
One feature I wish was available however with all the Carta resources, is to the ability to size/scale all images (maps/charts/photos) separately from the main text

That's been on the banned list, every since Libby was bragging about doing what you're wanting. The Logos team got so upset (joking). Actually, Logos already does what you're asking ... on several secret resources.

One reason I like Carta is just what you're saying. I especially like hi-res images that you can zoom in close to view the images. The details. Accordance has another functionality, probably not workable for Logos ... you can arrow-key from image to image like a picture book. I enjoy that a lot. Good in Bible class too ... no powerpoint needed.

Also, thank you to the thank you's in the thread!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1530
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 7:50 AM

Denise:

Rick Ausdahl:
One feature I wish was available however with all the Carta resources, is to the ability to size/scale all images (maps/charts/photos) separately from the main text

Actually, Logos already does what you're asking ... on several secret resources.

Is there a secret thread with a list of these secret resources that curious minds can use to see how they work? Wink

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 8:13 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
Is there a secret thread with a list of these secret resources that curious minds can use to see how they work?

Not to my knowledge. In fact, these very sentences we're typing are secret! I've never seen Logos ack the image popups, why they were coded, and why not subsequently used. My guess like many user requests, they wanted to easily handle multi-platform, including the web. OTOH, they did a lot of clunky graphic work at L4, so who knows.

For anyone who has it, the Oxford Bible Commentary still has image popups as of Logos7. And of course, dear Libby.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 962
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 8:51 AM

PetahChristian:

I assume there wasn’t room to also include Carta in Verbum’s lower price points without taking out other resources they felt were more important for Verbum 9.

Sounds plausible 👍

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 269
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 9:14 AM

James Hudson:

Graham Criddle:

James Hudson:

Thanks again Graham!

I think I agree and will try that overnight!

Just as a follow up, it is now working following the rebuild index.

Thanks Graham for your advice - much appreciated.

Every blessing.

Posts 24277
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 9:38 AM

James Hudson:
Just as a follow up, it is now working following the rebuild index.

Great news!

Page 3 of 3 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS