Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Robert Taylor | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 29 2020 10:00 AM

The following books I use often have not yet transferred: HCSB Study Bible, HCSB Reverse Interlinear Bible, NIV Study Bible, Life Application Bible Commentary. Please tell me they will all transfer and when that will occur. Are all my books going to transfer?

Posts 233
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 2:45 PM

Robert, some of the books you have listed are already available in Logos and should have been unlocked already. Your library may not be migrating if you used different email addresses for WS and Logos or for a number of different reasons. I would call customer service and make sure they have you licenses. Someone from FL will probably pop on here soon and figure it out for you, but I would call customer service. 

HCSB Bible with reverse interlinear is available in Logos

Life Application New Testament Commentary is available in Logos

Logos has an NIV Study Bible but it may not be the same edition, I don't have that one.

My migration page says they haven't started developing the HCSB study Bible yet.

Go here and see if your resources are listed. If not, definitely call customer service.library migration

Thanks, Carla

Posts 18
Rev A W Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2020 10:43 PM

Hi  Carla,

My Welwyn commentary transfer has left out three books I owned and used in Wordsearch, 

James, Philippians and 1 and 2 Peter.

They are shown on my list as available on purchase.

Could Logos please rectify this.

Arthur.           

Posts 705
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2020 11:38 AM

Rev A W Palmer:

My Welwyn commentary transfer has left out three books I owned and used in Wordsearch, 

James, Philippians and 1 and 2 Peter.

They are shown on my list as available on purchase.        

Hi Arthur,

I am sending you an email abut this.

Posts 826
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2020 5:38 AM

I had a copy of The Potter's Freedom which I purchased thru Doxa but it does not show up on my migration page. 

Has it been missed, or will it not make the migration?

JRS has left the building.

Posts 611
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2020 8:01 AM

I know that Logos is working on migrating all of the books from Wordsearch but there have been numerous times I have found books offered to me for sale that I should already own. 

I have to admit that my trust in the process is waning. This is not to say that my trust in the people at Logos is waning, just the computer part of the process.  

It seems to me like each one of us are individually responsible for our own migration. 

Posts 9147
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2020 12:46 PM

JRS:

I had a copy of The Potter's Freedom which I purchased thru Doxa but it does not show up on my migration page. 

Has it been missed, or will it not make the migration?

I assume you're familiar with the background regarding Doxa: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/193801/1117446.aspx#1117446

Do you have a Wordsearch Book ID for this title?

Posts 9147
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2020 12:47 PM

Jesse Blevins:

I know that Logos is working on migrating all of the books from Wordsearch but there have been numerous times I have found books offered to me for sale that I should already own. 

Can you provide specific examples?

Jesse Blevins:

just the computer part of the process.  

It seems to me like each one of us are individually responsible for our own migration. 

We know the initial alignment wasn't perfect: nothing is. We are correcting mistakes based on user reports. Specific details you can provide (including Wordsearch Book IDs) help us do that.

Posts 77
John Simpson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2020 5:01 PM

The Potter's Freedom was 8:81.

Doxa had it but I don't think Wordsearch ever had the file available for download - you needed the original Doxa install file.

From what I remember there are a few other Doxa books that never made it to Wordsearch servers like 8:130 Guide to the WCF, A - J. Gerstner. That one was odd since it was linked to the 8-116 version of the Westminster Confession, which was available for download.

Posts 826
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2020 5:36 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

I assume you're familiar with the background regarding Doxa: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/193801/1117446.aspx#1117446

Do you have a Wordsearch Book ID for this title?

Hi Bradley.  Yes I am basically familiar with the Doxa issue and it looks like most, if not all, of my Doxa purchases are migrating over - with the exception of Potter's Freedom which I was particularly hoping would make it. 

I don't know what a WordSearch Book ID is or where to find it.  All I have is the zipped file which installs the book and the installed book itself.  But here is a screenshot of the title page with Doxa's imprint on it if you're trying to determine if I actually do own the title or not:

Also I found this info page:

But I don't know if these will suffice or not.

If worse comes to worst and it's not possible to port this title over, it won't be the end of the world - I think it's available in Kindle.  Obviously, I would prefer it in Logos.

Regardless, please let me know one way or the other.  Thnx.

Posts 826
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2020 5:45 PM

John Simpson:

The Potter's Freedom was 8:81.

Doxa had it but I don't think Wordsearch ever had the file available for download - you needed the original Doxa install file.

From what I remember there are a few other Doxa books that never made it to Wordsearch servers like 8:130 Guide to the WCF, A - J. Gerstner. That one was odd since it was linked to the 8-116 version of the Westminster Confession, which was available for download.

Thanks, John.  Ahh, now I see where the WordSearch Book ID comes from.

Yes, I have Gerstner's Guide to the WCF, as well.  But I figured I could live without it - despite how much I like Gerstner.  

But, hey, if there is a chance of retrieving that one, too, then sign me up!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS