Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Ray Rudzinski | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 29 2020 4:38 PM

With the acquisition of Wordsearch I decided to  downloaded the software. Ever since the download Logos' response time has been excruciatingly slow. I set up my layout to mimic what I used in Wordsearch: multiple Bibles, resources, and dictionaries. Just clicking to change a resource can cause a 20 or 30 second delay watching the little blue circle spin around. And many times the program just hangs up and I have to reboot. When I return to my "old" Wordsearch program everything works quickly and efficiently.

I am not using an old computer. I have Windows 10 loaded and updated. I have a large SSD and more than enough RAM. I have also tried Logos on my iMac and the same problems occur. It is just as slow and unresponsive. Is there something that can be done? Am I missing a check box some where?  I tried emailing the help site but they just pointed me to a web site that gave the hardware requirements. Right now Logos is not a pleasant experience.  Any help?

Ray

Posts 1233
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 4:53 PM

Welcome to Logos! Despite its difficulties, it's a great program. In just a bit I'm sure others will be along with suggestions and requests for diagnostic logs, but the short answer is:

Yes, it's a slow program.

Posts 38
Paul Lehr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 5:09 PM

It may still be indexing all of the resources, or possibly still downloading them. There should be a number near the upper right (3 or 4 icons from the right)  that you can put your mouse cursor over it and it will indicate what it may be doing. If it is downloading and/or indexing, it will be much slower than after all of that completes. 

Posts 3
Ray Rudzinski | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 11:56 AM

Thanks for your encouragement.  I don't mind a "little" slowness but what I'm experiencing is excruciating.  I hope someone can give me some guidance.

Posts 5154
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 2:24 PM

Ray Rudzinski:

Thanks for your encouragement.  I don't mind a "little" slowness but what I'm experiencing is excruciating.  I hope someone can give me some guidance.

Hi Ray

Once you are certain that the indexing etc has come to a conclusion. You should restart the program and then produce a situation when the slowness is evident.

Using the link in my signature attach a sample log to a reply in this thread using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 3
Ray Rudzinski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2020 4:34 PM

Thanks for your concern. Sorry I'm slow in getting back to you - life gets in the way. 

I finally had time to drill down into my problem with Logos. I opened a bare bones session of Logos and added my usual Bibles linked together.  Everything worked fine.  I added some commentaries and linked them to the Bible.  Everything there worked fine.  I then opened up the MacArthur Study Bible and the little blue circle took over the program.  Could this book transferred over from Wordsearch be the problem?  Has anyone else encountered this "gremlin?"

Posts 395
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2020 7:53 PM

If you feel that THAT resource may be the culprit you might try reindexing THAT RESOURCE ONLY.

You can find info on doing this in the Logos WIKI but here is the relevant info.

You type this command in the command box.

1. Reindex {Abbreviated Title | Resource Id} - re-indexes a single resource e.g. reindex ESVreindex LLS:1.0.710

https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_8_Commands 

Posts 5154
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2020 12:36 AM

Ray Rudzinski:
Everything there worked fine.  I then opened up the MacArthur Study Bible and the little blue circle took over the program.  Could this book transferred over from Wordsearch be the problem?

If Roy's suggestion about re-indexing the Study Bible does not do the trick. Then one of the techs can confirm the actual cause of the slowness if you post your logs.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS