Calling All Academics!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5921
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 6:59 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
If we are going to go this route, we really need the ability to import PDFs, html, rich text and markdown files.

If I may be so bold as to ask: why do we need that?

I prefer to use Word plus Zotero for all of my citation-related needs. I don't remember importing any .pdfs into Zotero. Sure, I could, but I have no need to.

Donovan R. Palmer:
Being able to open a website from within Logos would be very useful as well.

If I may be so bold as to ask: how would this be useful?

I don't use Word (or Zotero) to browse websites. I have free, frequently updated, feature rich internet browsers with carefully customized settings and add-ons for that.

Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & not waste others' time. Thanks!

Posts 3485
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 7:00 AM

SineNomine:

Donovan R. Palmer:
If we are going to go this route, we really need the ability to import PDFs, html, rich text and markdown files.

If I may be so bold as to ask: why do we need that?

I prefer to use Word plus Zotero for all of my citation-related needs. I don't remember importing any .pdfs into Zotero. Sure, I could, but I have no need to.

Donovan R. Palmer:
Being able to open a website from within Logos would be very useful as well.

If I may be so bold as to ask: how would this be useful?

I don't use Word (or Zotero) to browse websites. I have free, frequently updated, feature rich internet browsers with carefully customized settings and add-ons for that.

I use Mendeley but yes I import all of my pdf's so I can have them stored and read/research/cite later. Though they were not in the editor. If I could at least put the bibliographic info in Logos that would be all I really need.

Posts 138
Dave Couch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 7:04 AM

This would be a great addition to Logos. I for one would use it a lot!

There was discussion about a Logos storage plan a while back for personal files - PDF’s etc. Maybe that is what became the personal vault. Perhaps it is still incoming...

Posts 3485
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 5:32 PM

Now up to 63 votes. Thanks everyone!

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS