Calling All Academics!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4849
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 6:59 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
If we are going to go this route, we really need the ability to import PDFs, html, rich text and markdown files.

If I may be so bold as to ask: why do we need that?

I prefer to use Word plus Zotero for all of my citation-related needs. I don't remember importing any .pdfs into Zotero. Sure, I could, but I have no need to.

Donovan R. Palmer:
Being able to open a website from within Logos would be very useful as well.

If I may be so bold as to ask: how would this be useful?

I don't use Word (or Zotero) to browse websites. I have free, frequently updated, feature rich internet browsers with carefully customized settings and add-ons for that.

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 3285
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 7:00 AM

SineNomine:

Donovan R. Palmer:
If we are going to go this route, we really need the ability to import PDFs, html, rich text and markdown files.

If I may be so bold as to ask: why do we need that?

I prefer to use Word plus Zotero for all of my citation-related needs. I don't remember importing any .pdfs into Zotero. Sure, I could, but I have no need to.

Donovan R. Palmer:
Being able to open a website from within Logos would be very useful as well.

If I may be so bold as to ask: how would this be useful?

I don't use Word (or Zotero) to browse websites. I have free, frequently updated, feature rich internet browsers with carefully customized settings and add-ons for that.

I use Mendeley but yes I import all of my pdf's so I can have them stored and read/research/cite later. Though they were not in the editor. If I could at least put the bibliographic info in Logos that would be all I really need.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 124
Dave Couch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 7:04 AM

This would be a great addition to Logos. I for one would use it a lot!

There was discussion about a Logos storage plan a while back for personal files - PDF’s etc. Maybe that is what became the personal vault. Perhaps it is still incoming...

Posts 3285
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 5:32 PM

Now up to 63 votes. Thanks everyone!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS