Preaching on Zoom using Sermon Builder

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9609
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 31 2020 1:39 PM

I've been asked to preach 6 messages this winter using Zoom for a church that is not meeting in person because of COVID. I've never used Sermon Building and was considering doing so this time but I'm not sure the best way to approach it given the fact that they are using Zoom. I've used zoom a lot and know how to share my screen but I'm not sure how that would interface with Logos' Preaching Mode although I'm sure that this has been done many times. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 2:04 PM

Preaching Mode doesn't display slides, just your notes.

To display slides, you'll need to export them to PowerPoint or Proclaim and then run your presentation separately from Preaching Mode. If you use Proclaim, then Preaching Mode can advance the slides as you advance through your sermon. If you use PowerPoint, you'll need to advance them yourself.

Posts 5364
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2020 7:57 AM

Hi Bruce

I have yet to use Sermon Builder but I do use Proclaim every week.

There is a 30 day free trial with Proclaim you might like to take advantage of that to test it out.

Before I became locum for the present congregation I was a 'journeyman preacher' and found it worth having a personal Proclaim subscription which I used around a number of church buildings in my area.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 9609
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 8:40 AM

Thanks guys for your advice. I'm still not sure I will use it as it does look a bit clunky to do so via Zoom.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 6722
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 12:31 PM

Bruce have you considered sharing your screen via zoom

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 9609
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 12:52 PM

Lynden Williams:

Yes, but I want the primary screen that I'm using to be in preaching mode so I don't want to share my personal notes.

Posts 5364
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 1:02 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Lynden Williams:

Yes, but I want the primary screen that I'm using to be in preaching mode so I don't want to share my personal notes.

Bruce I don't know if this is what you are thinking of but you can see how we do things here

You might want to skip the first 10mins or so. You'll see why  :-)

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 1:03 PM

We run all our online services with just Proclaim and Zoom. It works pretty well, I think. Here's last Sunday's example:

https://vimeo.com/474374046 

Posts 121
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 1:21 PM

One handy option is the new virtual webcam from OBS. In OBS you can make your camera full screen, display your desktop, put slides on the lower thirds with a green background, or switch between them. Then you can make that a webcam, open Zoom and whatever you do in OBS will show up as your screen in Zoom. It is pretty cool. https://youtu.be/vE6fF1j2-44?t=1806 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS