L 9 full feature set not working.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5
Plain Joe | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 31 2020 2:48 PM

I have Logos 8 and I bought the Logos 9 full feature set only, because I have loads of books. It seemed to have downloaded, but nothing seems to have changed. I’m now wondering do I need to scrap my old laptop and Imac that ran L 8 and everything else I needed and replace them with updated machines if I want to be able to use L 9, or is there a L 9 package with books and features that will work on older machines.    

Posts 756
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 2:54 PM

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

The new Logos 9 features are listed at https://www.logos.com/9

You should be able to see them within Logos. Are any of these missing?

Posts 1046
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 3:05 PM

In Logos, in top right hand corner, click the 3 vertical dots, then "About Logos Bible Software". What is the software version number you see on the top left?

Posts 5
Plain Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 3:06 PM

Yes, I don't see any of them.

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 3:10 PM

Much of what is in the feature set is not in your library so you have to look some other places.

First, did you downlead and install Logos 9? This should have happened automatically, but if it didn't type "Update Now" in the Go bar and hit Enter. The download and update won't take long.

Some items you can look for that are in the L9 full feature set:

Under the tools menu see if you have a Charts tool. See if your Factbook image is a book with a checkmark. See if you have the Bible Books Explorer under Interactives.

Any of these are L9 only so if you have them, you do have the L9 feature set.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5
Plain Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 3:11 PM

Software 

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 3:12 PM

Plain Joe:

Software 

You are still on L8. Do what I suggested. Type "Update Now" in the Go bar and hit Enter. It should shortly ask you if you want to install L9.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5
Plain Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 3:17 PM

No updates available and the features are not there. 

Posts 5362
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 3:20 PM

Plain Joe:

No updates available and the features are not there. 

The most likely reason for this is that you bought the Full Feature Set using an account with one email address, but the email address that you use to log in to Logos is a different one. You'll want to call customer service on Monday so that they can fix it. You'll probably want to have the package refunded; chances are you'll get a dynamic pricing discount on it when you order it using the account that already has resources (and presumably features) that you own.

Posts 9100
LogosEmployee

Does your system meet the minimum requirements (Windows 10 or macOS 10.14)? https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007506971-Logos-Minimum-System-Requirements

Logos 9 will not download automatically on older OSes.

Posts 5
Plain Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2020 7:14 AM

No, that seems to be the problemSmile I need to speculate in a new higher speck system to take advantage of Logos 9.

Posts 92
Patrick Saint | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2020 9:48 PM

I have the same kind of problem. I have purchased all the new features of L9. L9 is already installed (the version of the software on my PC: 9.0.0.0181) and, yes I use the same mail adress to login. But I don't find any of the new features. For example: "All the prayers in the Bible dataset".

Thank you for your help.

Where are this datasets?

Posts 756
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2020 9:53 PM

Patrick that little asterix at the end of those resources means that it is not available at the moment but is being produced.

* Your purchase includes this resource, which isn’t available yet. The resource will automatically download once it’s available.
Posts 92
Patrick Saint | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2020 11:36 PM

OK ! Sorry, I didn't see this.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I prefer that than any problem in my Logos. 

👍

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS