Managing Books Read

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 614
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 31 2020 6:20 PM

i am interested in how other Logos users keep track of the books in their Logos library that they have read, are in the process of reading, or plan to read.  What do you do to keep track of these?  Thanks. 

Posts 2315
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 7:01 PM

I tag by my initials and year. So does my wife. 

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2020 9:09 PM

I tag them FINISHED, READING, and TOREAD, respectively.

Posts 4832
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2020 11:34 AM

Michael Kinch:
i am interested in how other Logos users keep track of the books in their Logos library that they have read, are in the process of reading,

I sort by reading status in the library pane.

Michael Kinch:
or plan to read.

I add the #ReadLater tag and/or add to my Favourites.

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 275
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2020 1:19 PM

I tag them Read, Reading, and ToRead.

Posts 153
Jerome Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2020 1:30 PM

I keep track by listing them in the "layouts" section. This has worked very well for me.

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2020 4:33 PM

Matt Hamrick:

I tag them Read, Reading, and ToRead.

This doesn't work, because Read is a substring of Reading and ToRead, so if you filter your library by mytag:Read, you'll get all of the Reading and ToRead ones as well. That's why I use FINISHED, READING, and TOREAD. All unique strings, none of which is a substring of another.

Posts 29034
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 5:05 AM
Michael Kinch:
i am interested in how other Logos users keep track of the books in their Logos library that they have read, are in the process of reading, or plan to read.
There is a new feature of the mobile apps called "read later." There is a tag which gets added to the book (I it is #ReadLater ... they changed it a time or two in beta testing). You can add books to this list from the mobile app OR by adding the appropriate tag in the desktop app.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 614
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 5:14 AM

Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions.  How do I access the option in mobile apps?

Posts 29034
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 5:56 AM

Michael Kinch:
How do I access the option in mobile apps?

• You must have the latest L9 mobile app.
  • I believe you need to have purchased L9 or have a FC subscription
  • To add a book, click on the book's "kebob" (three circles) menu from within the library and select "Add to Read Later"
  • To view the "read later" list, select the "reading" tab in the library and choose the "read later" group
  • You can add books to the list from within the desktop app by applying the appropriate tag 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 614
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 6:49 AM

JT (alabama24):

Michael Kinch:

• To add a book, click on the book's "kebob" (three circles) menu from within the library and select "Add to Read Later"
  • To view the "read later" list, select the "reading" tab in the library and choose the "read later" group
  • You can add books to the list from within the desktop app by applying the appropriate tag 

Thanks JT

Posts 1052
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 9:07 AM

Rosie Perera:

This doesn't work, because Read is a substring of Reading and ToRead, so if you filter your library by mytag:Read, you'll get all of the Reading and ToRead ones as well. That's why I use FINISHED, READING, and TOREAD. All unique strings, none of which is a substring of another.

I think this might have changed. I use Read, CurrentlyReading, WantToRead, MustRead. When I filter my library using mytag:Read, only those books that have the tag "Read" are displayed.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 9:40 AM

JT (alabama24):

Michael Kinch:

Plus, in the mobile library, you can multi-select, and then assign 'read later' to all the selected.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1613
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2020 10:01 AM

I use tagging something like: ReadSlow2024, Skim2021, ReadIntro, ReadInBus ...

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS