Logos 9 Academic Professional removed Hermeneia full collection

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1046
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 1 2020 6:00 PM

In the beginning of Logos 9 launch the Logos 9 Academic Professional included the Hermeneia full collection. But it was removed sometime before today. Now as in Logos 8 Academic Professional it only includes the Q volumes from Hermeneia and nothing else.

Posts 26
Eric Back | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2020 6:50 PM

I'd had Logos 8 Academic Professional so version 9 of the same was not a steep upgrade. I was happily surprised to find that it included Hermeneia, and bought it immediately as I wondered about the possibility that the collection might be revamped as collections sometimes are. I logged out of the Logos site just to check, and as you said, it's been reduced to the Q volumes. It was a bargain while it lasted.

Posts 9438
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2020 7:52 PM

Eric Back:
It was a bargain while it lasted.

It was. I got it at a very good price. It had 11 volumes of Hermeneia I didn't have. Overall Academic Pro was the best bargain I saw last week.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 7880
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2020 8:26 PM

And I got them all for $15 bucks πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ

DAL

Posts 203
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2020 11:02 AM

Hi all,

Hermeneia was originally included in Logos Academic Professional and was an error. We have since replaced the contents with the correct collection which does not have Hermeneia. Anyone who purchased Logos Academic Professional before the contents were replaced will not have it removed from them: you own it and we don't remove content that you own.

Sorry for the inconvenience! 

Product Manager, Faithlife

Posts 200
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2020 3:01 PM

I knew that I should have bought that when I saw it!

Posts 1952
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2020 7:15 PM

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):

Hi all,

Hermeneia was originally included in Logos Academic Professional and was an error. We have since replaced the contents with the correct collection which does not have Hermeneia. Anyone who purchased Logos Academic Professional before the contents were replaced will not have it removed from them: you own it and we don't remove content that you own.

Wasn't Jubilees: The Hermeneia Translation included in the package? And how come the prepub doesn't say that I own already? I bought it on the first hours. Was I seeing things?

Posts 11532
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 12:03 AM

mike:
Wasn't Jubilees: The Hermeneia Translation included in the package? And how come the prepub doesn't say that I own already? I bought it on the first hours. Was I seeing things?

Sure about that? Maybe it was https://www.logos.com/product/168033/hermeneia-jubilees-a-commentary-in-two-volumes 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 7880
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 1:19 AM

mike:

Daniel Motley (Faithlife):

Hi all,

No, only the commentary was included.  The translation is in prepub for $10 and change.  I got the commentaries and other goodies for $15 πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ

DAL

Posts 203
LogosEmployee
Daniel Motley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 10:20 AM

mike:

Mike,

I reviewed the old collection and, as others have noted, the Jubilees translation was not included in the old collection.

Product Manager, Faithlife

Posts 4399
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 11:05 AM

That stinks! Oh well. That was what made this collection interesting

Posts 1
Rob Mortenson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2020 11:05 PM

I was extremely disappointed that my purchase of academic pro did NOT include Hermeneia, as it was one of the main reasons I pulled the trigger on that package.

Posts 9438
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2020 7:17 PM

Rob Mortenson:

I was extremely disappointed that my purchase of academic pro did NOT include Hermeneia, as it was one of the main reasons I pulled the trigger on that package.

If you are truly dissatisfied, you have 30 days to ask for a refund from Customer Service.

Seems a mistake was made at the beginning and some of us got more than we should have. 

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 7880
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2020 6:13 PM

Rob Mortenson:

I feel you, but again, you pulled the trigger too late.  I’ve done that too and sometimes I’ve pulled it very fast and I’m glad when I do.  I made it a point to pull the trigger fast in some cases and if later on I decide I don’t want it, then I just return it.  It keeps me from banging my head on the wall when things like this happen. πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ

DAL

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2020 6:40 PM

DAL:
I feel you, but again, you pulled the trigger too late.  I’ve done that too and sometimes I’ve pulled it very fast and I’m glad when I do.  

Just one more tip from experienced Logosians. When it looks too good to be correct, hit the 'Buy' button quickly.  I remember when they priced the Eternal-Ultimate collection (all resources Logos would ever sell) for $99? It's all just a matter of being 'quick on the mouse'.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2020 8:51 PM

Perhaps we shouldn't be so quick to (encourage others to) take advantage of FL's error?

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 7880
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2020 10:16 PM

PetahChristian:

Perhaps we shouldn't be so quick to (encourage others to) take advantage of FL's error?

Well nobody knew it was an error until recently. Some of us got the set because we wanted it others didn’t get it because they hesitated, but no one knew some resources were going to get removed. Hence, no one took advantage of FL.

DAL

Posts 565
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2020 10:32 PM

Out of curiosity how much was it if you didn't own any volumes of Hermeneia? 

Posts 33
FΓ‘bio Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2020 12:57 AM

I had Logos 8 Academic Professional, so the Logos 9 package had only a few extra goodies besides the Hermeneia (i had none) series, I payed around 100$

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2020 5:45 AM

PetahChristian:

Not sure (continuing the struggle with modern theology; Jesus much easier answer). Last week at Costco, we almost got out the door without paying for the monster pack of toilet paper (you give them your cart; they do their thing). We wondered what would happen if the Costco lady didn't catch it. I'm sure we'd traipse back in, get the checkout lady in big trouble, she'd loose her job during the pandemic, etc. But we'd feel good. Not sure.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS