Smoothest Rollout of Update I Have Seen

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 328
Thinking | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 3 2020 9:50 AM

Congratulations to the Logos team. Logos 9 seems to be the smoothest roll out of a Logos update since I started years ago. I always dreaded the new versions because of all the confusion surrounding the options. Compared to some prior years, this upgrade seemed pretty simple and understandable.

An every two year upgrade seems a reasonable  price to support  complex software that runs on Macs, Windows, Android, iOS, browsers. Not all Bible software companies survive (look at all the Bible software companies that have folded over the years and recently).

Although I am no longer looking for books, as long as I able to afford it, I will continue to purchase the functional upgrades so that I can continue to have the software available.

Posts 201
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 10:15 AM

I agree. I keep comparing this to the launch of Windows XP. There is nothing overly flashy, but things are just noticeably better. A great release, executed well.

Posts 1261
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 10:36 AM

Yes it appears to have gone very well... very disappointed I didn't buy Academic Professional right away. I put it in my basket and decided to sleep on it. By morning the Hermania commentaries were no longer included:( It did seem like an unusually incredible bargain;)

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 201
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 10:39 AM

John Goodman:

Yes it appears to have gone very well... very disappointed I didn't buy Academic Professional right away. I put it in my basket and decided to sleep on it. By morning the Hermania commentaries were no longer included:( It did seem like an unusually incredible bargain;)

I made the same mistake. I had my sales rep work it up for me and then told him I would start with Diamond first, then get academic pro next month, rather than setting up a payment plan to get both. A costly mistake!

Posts 2640
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 10:48 AM

Hi John,

Did the price drop as well? It is too bad as that was such a great way to buy that commentary, ICC and TDOT.

Posts 5909
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 11:20 AM

Thinking:
Compared to some prior years, this upgrade seemed pretty simple and understandable.

I agree. Yes

Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & not waste others' time. Thanks!

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 11:20 AM

John Goodman:

Wow I didn’t know that had been reconfigured. Must have been a solid reason. FL don’t make those changes lightly. Personally not impacted as I had this set prior to L9, but can understand disappointment of those whom this has slipped through their fingers this time around. 

Posts 2839
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 11:24 AM

I completely agree about this update being very well executed. I am very happy with my choices as well. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS