Eligibility of Logos 9 International?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1054
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 3 2020 8:30 PM

Hi, from some of the "This title is included in the following collections" I can see a bunch of Logos 9 International but is unavailable for me. What is the eligibility? My default account set up is in the U.S., but at the same time I'm a Hong Kong citizen with credit cards in Hong Kong too (and is in the billing info.) Would Hong Kong citizen be eligible for that? Thanks.

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 10:45 PM

Citizenship has nothing to do with it. It may if worked for Paul in NT times but doesn‘t apply in this case.

What country do you live in ? The address on your credit card should match the country you reside and the address attached to your account.

International versions of packages exist only because the standard packages contain resources which FL is not licensed to sell in international countries.

It sounds as though you want to be able to purchase both the international and standard packages when it is intend that a user should purchase one or the other dependent upon where you live. You seem to want for FL to ignore publishing distribution rights and let you purchase both packages. 
But I may be mistaken and you are not asking for them to break the contacts they habe with publishers to meet your personal desires.

Kolen Cheung:

Hi, from some of the "This title is included in the following collections" I can see a bunch of Logos 9 International but is unavailable for me. What is the eligibility? My default account set up is in the U.S., but at the same time I'm a Hong Kong citizen with credit cards in Hong Kong too (and is in the billing info.) Would Hong Kong citizen be eligible for that? Thanks.

Posts 1054
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 12:17 AM

DIsciple II:
What country do you live in ? The address on your credit card should match the country you reside and the address attached to your account.

The point is I have credit cards in both countries. The mentioning of citizenship and residents is about that (I mentioned that.)

I suppose I should be eligible to both regions, not only one (e.g. the primary credit card billing address.)

I'd suggest only those who really knows about the eligibility to answer...

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 1:41 AM

No you should not be eligible for both just because you hold citizenship. Citizenship is irrelevant. Holding Credit cards in multiple countries is irrelevant. 
Which country is your primary residence and therefore the address on your primary credit card. That determine which package you are eligible to purchase.

There is plenty I call out about FL that I disagree with but in this instance I don’t believe you are being fair to FL by expecting to be eligible for both packages when it is not within the spirit of what was intended and that FL are simply trying to adhere to their contractual arrangements with publisher’. And you are looking for a loophole around those contractual arrangements. 

Kolen Cheung:

DIsciple II:

The point is I have credit cards in both countries. The mentioning of citizenship and residents is about that (I mentioned that.)

I suppose I should be eligible to both regions, not only one (e.g. the primary credit card billing address.)

I'd suggest only those who really knows about the eligibility to answer...

Posts 1054
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 2:40 AM

What is your problem? Do you have the authority to say anything like this? I hope for someone to clarify, not throwing in their irrelevant opinions which may or may not be true.

If I'm not negligible, fine. I want to know if I'm eligible.

Please refrain from trying to help me in any of the post. You are too helpful. Thank you very much.

Posts 5868
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 3:09 AM

Kolen Cheung:

What is your problem? Do you have the authority to say anything like this? I hope for someone to clarify, not throwing in their irrelevant opinions which may or may not be true.

Please refrain from trying to help me in any of the post. You are too helpful. Thank you very much.

Kolen

Part of the problem is that you are using the wrong tool for the job!

These forums are primarily self-help groups for users where volunteers (however unqualified) attempt to assist other users as and when they can. At the time of major changes we do see a greater staff input to the forums but this will abate as folk get used to the various facets of the new software.

We welcome input from all our brothers and sisters and nothing should be done or said that discourages it.

If one wants a definitive answer on policy, then either call or email customer services directly. You will likely have an answer 'toot sweet'.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 3:11 AM

I have no problem. I am giving you the answer to your question. You are eligible for one or the other package based on the address of your primary credit card which should match your prImary place of residence. Your citizenship does not give you special privileges. 

Take your issue up with publishers who put distribution rights restrictions upon companies like FL. I am only the messenger. You can take it out on  me all you like because your not getting the answer you want from me, but it won’t change FL’s contractual obligations.

You can choose not to read my responses if that makes you feel better but I won’t stop responding to your questions simply because you get offended when the answer I tell you is not what you want to hear. That is your issue you need to deal with before God. in the mean time I will continue to answer your questions when I have the answer. I am not going to let your attitude stop me from trying to help you out.

Kolen Cheung:

Posts 12492
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 4:21 AM

Kolen Cheung:

I hope for someone to clarify, not throwing in their irrelevant opinions which may or may not be true. If I'm not negligible, fine. I want to know if I'm eligible.

Regardless of this, rest assured you are missing nothing with respect to the international versions of Verbum. I know of only two differences:

• The new ESV-CE ("Augustine Bible") is in the US-Verbum packages from Gold up, but not in the international ones. FL said this may change in the future, but currently that's the case. International gets you less than US, possibly at a very slightly reduced dynamic price.
  • The Liturgy of the Hours is in the US-Verbum packages from Gold up, but not in the International packages. International gets you less than US at a very slightly reduced dynamic price.

Note that FL put the international version of the CCC into the Verbum base packages from Gold up which avoids another conflict. So you get everything in a US package that customers of the international package get.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 5:17 AM

Mike Binks:
If one wants a definitive answer on policy, then either call or email customer services directly. You will likely have an answer 'toot sweet'.

Best answer from Mr Binks this confusing American morning. We also have cc's in multiple countries, along with billing addresses. But a US one accesses more FL books.

My understanding is FL just needs an acceptable rule for the publishers.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1054
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 5:48 AM

Mike Binks:

Kolen Cheung:

Kolen

Part of the problem is that you are using the wrong tool for the job!

These forums are primarily self-help groups for users where volunteers (however unqualified) attempt to assist other users as and when they can. At the time of major changes we do see a greater staff input to the forums but this will abate as folk get used to the various facets of the new software.

We welcome input from all our brothers and sisters and nothing should be done or said that discourages it.

I disagree. Eligibility is an objective issue. Either I'm eligible or I'm not. I simply asked a question, which likely could have been asked before.

The problem is some people trying to give their opinion to reason why they think I am not eligible. People like this is trying to be too helpful, to be a judge they don't even have a jurisdiction.

Even non Faithlife employee can answer with authority. Such as when they knew them speaking about the issue previously. Or they know it has been mentioned in a link and posted that. That's what forum should be for, to circulate the information and lessen the burden of the employees, not to make up some.

And accusing someone for trying to find loophole is outrageous.

Frankly that's why I don't like coming here. There are some good people here. But occasionally there are some that just make you question if we are reading the same Bible, you know. Once I heard someone here accusing people installing Windows and Logos on Linux is a sin. LOL.

But I understand I can't tell them what to do nor shut up. So I'll shut up here. Thanks all.

Posts 5921
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2020 8:22 AM

Kolen Cheung:
I disagree. Eligibility is an objective issue. Either I'm eligible or I'm not. I simply asked a question, which likely could have been asked before.
Kolen Cheung:
Even non Faithlife employee can answer with authority.

Eligibility for buying region-restricted resources through the website is established by the customer's billing information in Faithlife's system. I know this because it's been discussed (and tested) before on the forums.

Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & not waste others' time. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS