Tagging function for Sermon Manager?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 574
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2020 11:02 AM

As a lay leader in my church, not a pastor, I periodically deliver Wednesday night Bible studies, Sunday School lessons, and share devotions in church meetings. I am now keeping these different assets in Sermon Manager, but I would like to filter on them, especially the ones in the "Idea" category, but the metadata panel doesn't really allow me to do this. I tried using the "Venue" field as a workaround, but when I populate that, the document changes from "Idea" to "Delivered." I thought it was based on the date. Tagging would solve my issue...the functionality is prevalent elsewhere in the Logos...the Library panel...Notes...Clippings...but not here. I can't find a request for this on the Feedback site, so I would be happy to add if there is interest. 

Posts 24889
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2020 11:21 AM

Could you use the Series field to distinguish between the different types of talk?

Posts 574
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2020 11:42 AM

Thanks, Graham....well I had thought about that, but I guess I was thinking in terms of these items being more of a type than a series, and was wanting to filter on that. However your reply made me think about this further and I guess I could do what your are suggesting and it will work. The Sunday School lessons come with its own Series name, but I would recognize it and know what it is.

Thanks!

Posts 5498
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2020 12:43 PM

David P. Moore:
I can't find a request for this on the Feedback site, so I would be happy to add if there is interest. 

Your request makes sense to me.

A lot of people deliver Sunday sermons and that's everything in terms of preaching and preaching-like activities, but others like you use it for Bible studies, Sunday School lessons, and devotions. Others still could use it for preaching Stations of the Cross or the Divine Office, weekday (as opposed to Sunday/weekend) sermons/homilies, reflections during Holy Hours, talks given to youth or young adult groups, spiritual conferences or retreat talks, etc.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS