The Update Information Pop Up Is Not Centered

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 184
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2020 4:40 PM

Does anyone have this problem? I am unable to close the pop up because it is too far to the right. I have to drag the entire page to the left in order to close it. This is a screenshot of the entire page. Notice the update information pop up is not centered.

Posts 32223
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 4:52 PM

I have the problem only if my main window is wider than my monitor.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 184
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 4:55 PM

My main window fits within my monitor.

Posts 413
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 8:05 PM

A couple questions.

You said that this is a screen shot of the entire "Page" but is it an entire screen shot of the SCREEN?

Second it appears that the LOGOS window is not ACTIVE. Is this because you were making the screen shot?

I know that sometimes I will try to do something/click somewhere in the Logos window with no effect and realize that the window was not active.

Thirdly, just to be sure, to close the pop-up are you clicking on the BLUE numbered circle?

Posts 184
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 8:15 PM

Roy:

A couple questions.

You said that this is a screen shot of the entire "Page" but is it an entire screen shot of the SCREEN?

Second it appears that the LOGOS window is not ACTIVE. Is this because you were making the screen shot?

I know that sometimes I will try to do something/click somewhere in the Logos window with no effect and realize that the window was not active.

Thirdly, just to be sure, to close the pop-up are you clicking on the BLUE numbered circle?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. 1) Yes, this is a screen shot of the entire screen. 2) This problem occurs every time I receive updates, and occurs even when the Logos window is active. 3) I am unable to push the "x" to remove the updates. 

In this screen shot, you can see that I can push the "x" only when I move the screen far to the left. (This is a screen shot of the entire screen.)

Posts 500
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 8:35 PM

It's because your window is not in full-screen mode. You may have it covering the entire screen, but you'll run into that problem if it's not set to full screen, i.e. you cannot use any other windows/programs on the screen Logos is on. 

Posts 500
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 8:38 PM

MJ. Smith:

I have the problem only if my main window is wider than my monitor.

MJ, I don't have an update or the bubble there, so I can't test this, but can you resize that popup window? 

Maybe I'll buy something so I can force it to do that to make the bubble. Hmmm...

Posts 184
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 8:57 PM

I tried it in full screen mode and the problem still occurs.

Posts 500
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2020 3:37 AM

I have no earthly idea what causes the problem. I’ve never had it do anything like that before. if You figure it out, please let me/us know. I’m very intrigued. 

Posts 184
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2020 5:36 AM

My program scaling is set to 120%. When I set it at 100% the problem disappears. I would rather have it set to 120%, except for this annoying issue. 

Posts 500
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2020 6:25 AM

Richard J. Ward:

My program scaling is set to 120%. When I set it at 100% the problem disappears. I would rather have it set to 120%, except for this annoying issue. 

I know it's a little more work, but have you tried keeping Logos at 100% then resizing the font in the windows you need to have it bigger? 

Posts 500
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2020 7:43 AM

I was just looking at the settings for the program scaling (I've never really looked at those setting options before). Change your program scaling to 100% and content to 120%, and that should have mostly the same effect without messing with the update popup. 

Posts 184
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2020 3:41 PM

Jonathan Bradley:

I was just looking at the settings for the program scaling (I've never really looked at those setting options before). Change your program scaling to 100% and content to 120%, and that should have mostly the same effect without messing with the update popup. 

Thank you. This is what I ended up doing. 

Posts 5222
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2020 7:22 PM

"When you encounter a bug, set your scaling back to 100% and see if it goes away" is a very good principle for handling bugs in Logos/Verbum, and it has been for a number of years. Like Dark Mode, it seems to be complicated to get and keep all the details correct from a coding perspective.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS