Why Logos Doesn't Sell NIB? (it actually does)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 10 2020 8:14 AM

Yesterday (?), someone wondered about New Interpreter's Bible.  I always liked NIB, but never found it affordable (aka on-sale). 

So, I queried Logos.com (image #1 below), and got Interpreter's Bible instead. Paged down a couple times .. no NIB. Okie dokie ... maybe FL views NIB as a Catholic product.

So, I switched to Verbum.com. Bingo! (image #2 below). Not sure why it's Catholic ... and still not affordable either (aka not on sale). 

As it turns out, NIB is displayed in Logos.com ... you just have to REALLY 'search' for it. Why, I don't know. A customer types in the literal title, but that's not close enough. Not to mention, you have to click on the magnifying glass to get the search box, then click on the search box to start searching.

Also notice Verbum's excellent '9' banner (sans telephone, but ok). Logos.com really needs help from the Verbum team.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 11936
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 8:30 AM

Denise:

Yesterday (?), someone wondered about New Interpreter's Bible.  I always liked NIB, but never found it affordable (aka on-sale). 

So, I queried Logos.com (image #1 below), and got Interpreter's Bible instead. Paged down a couple times .. no NIB.

Huh?

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 8:38 AM

I knew you'd do that. I did it too.

And if you do it repeatedly, you can get several search result sequences. As it turns out, Verbum is the more stable platform (older code, I think). But the experience for me eliminated NIB as a choice (to buy, aka not on sale).

Posts 269
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 9:05 AM

I really wish NIB would either be broken up into separate volumes or discounted in some significant way. 

Vol 11 has two Pauline commentaries I would really love to own: Richard Hays on Galatians and Morna Hooker on Philippians.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 10:10 AM

Kevin Clemens:

I really wish NIB would either be broken up into separate volumes or discounted in some significant way. 

Vol 11 has two Pauline commentaries I would really love to own: Richard Hays on Galatians and Morna Hooker on Philippians.

Agree. Though 'personally', I'd end up with the set (and the dictionary).  It's a very cut-to-the-chase product.

I remember Dan trying to push NIB for sooooo many years, and excited when 'finally'. But the two NI products either don't attract the main Logos customer-base (ergo FL), or the publisher is not thrilled with sales.

Breaking up the set would enhanse its attractiveness.

Posts 5510
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 12:24 PM

Denise:
Breaking up the set would enhanse its attractiveness.

They won't break it up, because--as the PDP notes--it's a single resource: https://verbum.com/product/8803/new-interpreters-bible

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2020 2:39 PM

i do not know why it never goes on sale here (I believe it is on some pastors only sale or something like that now) or over at Accordance... I have seen it go on sale once or twice over the years for a significant savings over at Olivetree. The one savings grace over at Accordance is once or twice a year one will get a 25%-30% of one single none sale item. which makes the NIB a decent price. But I do not ever remember seeing a general coupon like that come up in Faithlife. But anything can happen, I know after the massive price hike on the WBC we were told we would never likely see the sales prices as of old in the days of Nelson.... but Zondervan did have a sale dropping it to those prices a couple years after it's Nelson acquisition.

-dan

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS