Deleting Notebooks/Cleaning up Notebooks

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 72
Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 11 2020 11:41 AM

So, I have had Logos for a long time . . . and in the past notes/highlights had to be linked to notebook.  As a result I have all sorts of crazy notebooks and I want to clean them up since many of my note/hightlights don't need to be in a notebook (e.g. scripture highlights).  Before I make major changes, I want to make sure I understand how notebooks function.

1) Deleting a notebook will delete all the notes/highlights in it.  Is this correct?  I ran a test and this seems to be the case.

2) I should be able move all notes in a notebook to "No Notebook" and then delete the notebook. Is this the safe way to do this?  Anything I need to be concerned about?  Do I need to wait a bit to make sure everything is synced before I delete the notebook?

Thanks!

Steve

------------------------------------------

The Idol Factory

http://www.theidolfactory.com 

Posts 10889
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2020 7:36 AM

Steve:
1) Deleting a notebook will delete all the notes/highlights in it.  Is this correct?  I ran a test and this seems to be the case

Yes.

Steve:
2) I should be able move all notes in a notebook to "No Notebook" and then delete the notebook.

Yes

Steve:
Is this the safe way to do this?

Select the notes you wish to move, then select No Notebook in the dropdown menu. Finally, select Apply Changes. If you miss that last step, nothing will move.

Hmmm. I had NO Notebook selected in the dropdown before I took the screenshot. Don't know what happened.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS