Suggestion: Legacy Standard Bible

Page 2 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 43 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 74
Bill Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2021 6:29 PM

I would definitely be interested in this product.  Please make this translation available in Logos.

Posts 123
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 22 2021 3:32 PM

It's freely available in A, why not in Logos?

Posts 66
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 23 2021 12:49 PM

A very good question. Are there any copyright issues or anything that would preclude Logos from incorporating the LSB? You can read it online and download from Accordance (Oak Tree Software) so why is Faithlife (Logos) hesitant about getting it into Logos? This is a rock-solid translation and one I will certainly be using in the future.

"If you cry out for insight and understanding and if you search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." - Proverbs 2:3-5

Posts 233
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2021 1:58 PM

I put my vote in for it, and since I have Accordance 13, also got my free copy there, but I am about to simplify my life and start using Logos exclusively, and uninstall everything else so I hope Logos gets this Bible.

Posts 1263
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 31 2021 4:51 PM

Mattillo:

Well this is embarrassing... I guess you’ll need accordance for the LSB?

Faithlife really missed a marketing opportunity here. Giving away LSB with Accordance and a few other resources may be just the "free sample" to get some people on board with buying other books for that Bible software.

Posts 1
Ranjith Kumar PKCC | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 2 2021 5:05 PM

I agree.. Please add the LSB

Posts 11
Josiah Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 6 2021 9:08 AM

Just adding my vote as well. I've just been switching back and forth between with my browser. I'm a little stumped about the delayed Logos release as well, but I'm sure there's a reason.

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 13 2021 11:11 AM

As my church is transition to LSB for much of the exposition and public Bible reading, it is very annoying (to say the least) to have to move out of my primary Bible software to read along. Please get this BIble in Logos.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 13 2021 1:53 PM

Don Randolph:
Are there any copyright issues or anything that would preclude Logos from incorporating the LSB?

I don't know the reason, but sometimes Accordance has offered products that Logos has not.  Biblical Archaeology Review is a good example.  It has not been carried by Logos for years, yet Accordance has it.

Posts 5416
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 13 2021 6:54 PM

Ronald Quick:

Don Randolph:
Are there any copyright issues or anything that would preclude Logos from incorporating the LSB?

I don't know the reason, but sometimes Accordance has offered products that Logos has not.  Biblical Archaeology Review is a good example.  It has not been carried by Logos for years, yet Accordance has it.

I have a feeling that Accordance may make exclusive deals with resource providers. Just a hunch. Seems like dirty pool, but when you are outgunned in major ways, you do what you can to stay relevent.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 492
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 13 2021 7:12 PM

I have a feeling that Accordance may make exclusive deals with resource providers. Just a hunch. Seems like dirty pool, but when you are outgunned in major ways, you do what you can to stay relevent.

Your feelings are greatly misplaced.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 220
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 14 2021 1:36 AM

David Paul:

Not sorry to say that, because I say it by purpose, this is from my user perspective more the habit of Logos not the one from Accordance!!!

Posts 5416
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 14 2021 4:28 PM

Well, now it's all so much clearer!

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 220
Fabian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2021 2:01 AM

David Paul:

Well, now it's all so much clearer!

It would be so much easier if the people read my posts more accurate. I see this a lot of times in this forums. I state it in my first post of this thread: "It seems for other companies the release will follow at the end of the year, when the Bible is finished. "

Or they simply read the FAQ. It is written in plural, so other should get it too.

https://lsbible.org/faqs/

And for the claim I have done about the time

https://lsbible.org/origin/

Posts 33257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2021 2:52 AM

Fabian:
It would be so much easier if the people read my posts more accurate.

But an unnamed fellow forum user and I would have much less fun imagining people reading their Bibles with the same inaccuracy they read posts. Okay, the forums have encouraged my warped sense of humor; before releasing the tomatoes note I did say "imagine" to imply a counter-factual. Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2021 12:08 PM

I heard back from the publishers of the LSB regarding availability in Logos. This is their response: "Once the complete Bible releases in print, we are planning to have the LSB made available to third-party Bible apps and software developers"

I suggested that they make the NT and Psalms available now on a pre-pub type release where we pay full price and then eventually get the full thing once released. I suspect many would be willing to back a project like this. Hopefully @Logos can make it happen.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 1263
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 2 2021 9:56 PM

Jacob Hantla:
I suggested that they make the NT and Psalms available now on a pre-pub type release where we pay full price and then eventually get the full thing once released.

That sounds like a great idea. Logos does this with commentaries.

Posts 5846
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2021 4:32 PM

From the August email update on the LSB i thought this paragraph would interest those looking for this in Logos.

Posts 1
Chris Reighley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 13 2021 12:06 PM

Yes!   Please oh please make the LSB available on Logos as soon as possible.   

(Please take my money now!)Cool

Posts 1
Maksim Ustinov | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 15 2021 11:46 PM

I'm also very interested in getting LSB in Logos! Can't wait!

Page 2 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS