Suggestion: Legacy Standard Bible

Page 3 of 6 (104 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 103 Replies | 17 Followers

Posts 3
Dominic Avila | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 27 2021 1:11 AM

We need the Legacy Standard Bible on Logos ASAP. When will it be available?

Posts 269
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2021 11:18 AM

The LSB will probably be available three to six months after the full translation is officially released (OT and NT) and Logos receives the right to pre-publish it. I would guess between April-June of next year. After that, if you want to purchase the RI (Reverse Interlinear), the wait is also 3-6 months. 

I say this out of experience with the NAS20. I waited about 6 months for the translation. Now, I'm waiting for the RI. It was pre-published in early June. 

Regards, 

Posts 1540
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 10 2021 11:35 AM

Joseph Luna:
Now, I'm waiting for the RI.

Wow, still waiting for the RI? I had assumed they had finished it by now. I have both the LSB and the NASB20 in a certain competitor's software so I'm waiting until Logos comes out with the full RI versions of each before I purchase anything from Logos.

(I prefer the phrase "a certain competitor" because I think it is actually against the forum rules to mention the A-word in the forums. lol)

Posts 1979
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2021 5:55 AM

Dominic Avila:

We need the Legacy Standard Bible on Logos ASAP. When will it be available?

Got this in an email from the LSB Publishers (9/15/21)—

"work has begun on the complete LSB digital edition! It will be available to read for FREE at read.lsbible.org. Like our current online New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs, it will be a text-only edition with the same features that are currently on the site that allow you to choose your font size and format.

Work on other digital editions will begin after the following work on the translation is completed:

Footnotes in the OT
Updating of Strong’s Numbers
Updating of the Dictionary
Once that work is completed this Fall, a company that specializes in metadata filework will comb through the coding, looking for irregularities that need correction. When that process is complete, an export file is created that allows for our typesetter to begin their work. It is at this point that work can begin on digital and print editions of the LSB that include footnotes and cross-references."

I don't know what this means for the Logos edition, but LSB hasn't yet completed their own digital version, which I assume would be given to other publishers like Logos to turn into their own digital versions. 

Posts 11
Jim King | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 28 2021 7:01 PM

Please get the LSB. I want to make it my preferred Bible

Posts 428
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 15 2021 2:43 AM

I would also like to add my strong desire for the Legacy Standard Bible in Logos. Any updates on any plans for this product would be greatly appreciated!

Posts 8
Jake ham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2021 7:06 AM

yes please !

Posts 8
Jake ham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 19 2021 7:07 AM

This can be a deal breaker for many Logos users

Posts 66
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 21 2021 4:45 PM

I bought this in print/leather, and I also have the free Accordance version. Would love to see it in Logos as well. Looks like a solid translation.

Posts 32
Ian Shepard | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 29 2021 5:31 PM

I am not a huge fan of Accordance but I may have to move back for LSB for a bit.  

I hope it comes out here soon.  

Posts 1
Hector Fontanez | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2021 9:37 AM

Agreed!

Posts 8
Jake ham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2021 12:25 PM

Does the Acc. version come with both Old and New testaments?

Posts 1540
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2021 5:55 PM

Jake ham:

Does the Acc. version come with both Old and New testaments?

It's just Psalms, Proverbs, and New Testament.

Posts 1
Alexander Rappé | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 14 2021 8:30 AM

Agreed!

Posts 28
Josiah Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 14 2021 11:08 AM

It's not the same as having it in Logos, but you can access both Testaments online pretty easily via https://read.lsbible.org/. I discovered that via a Shepherd's Conference update at the end of last month (Nov).

In addition, they're providing sporadic updates about progress on the project (mainly the print copies, some news about electronic versions) via a mailing list. You can sign up in the footer on their website: https://lsbible.org/.

Posts 3754
True North | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 14 2021 10:41 PM

Yes

Posts 24
Jeremy Hulsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 15 2021 9:57 AM

My print Bible just arrived in the mail and I'm switching over to it as my main teaching/preaching text. I'm really looking forward to the Logos edition! :) 

Posts 8
Jake ham | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 15 2021 10:43 AM

Yes

Posts 3004
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 15 2021 11:33 AM

Ian Shepard:

I am not a huge fan of Accordance but I may have to move back for LSB for a bit.  

I hope it comes out here soon.  

I really dislike having two Bible softwares running but am for LSB stuff. It is becoming our pulpit reading and preaching BIble. Please prioritize this very highly

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 19
Jon Varner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 15 2021 1:13 PM

Count me as an interested party as well. 

Page 3 of 6 (104 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS