Suggestion: Legacy Standard Bible

Page 4 of 6 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 103 Replies | 17 Followers

Posts 430
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 16 2021 9:48 PM

Here's an update from the publisher I received today:

We are done with the work on the cross references, footnotes and Strong’s numbers that are included in the master database for the LSB. A meta-data company will filter through the file and then minor updates will occur. After that work is completed we will have a file to begin typesetting reference editions and a file that can be used for programmers to begin their work on digital editions. We expect several of the Bible software apps and websites to begin making the LSB available by the end of the first quarter of 2022.

Posts 8
Jake ham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 17 2021 2:34 AM

🙏🏼 Smile

Posts 119
Joey Midgett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:20 PM

I hope to see this for sale in Logos soon.

Posts 8
Jake ham | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 12 2022 10:31 PM

Yes

Posts 2849
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 28 2022 11:53 PM

For the time being I have this in my browser and I am going to see about making a link in L9

https://read.lsbible.org/ 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 5594
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2022 9:30 AM

mab:

For the time being I have this in my browser and I am going to see about making a link in L9

https://read.lsbible.org/ 

Surprised to see Lockman listed at the bottom of the page. I thought this was a Masters Seminary project.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 430
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2022 8:41 PM

The creation of the text was from the seminary. The funding/publishing can be a hash of partnerships as this appears to be based on the notice you posted.

Posts 6005
Simon’s Brother | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2022 11:06 PM

David Paul:

Surprised to see Lockman listed at the bottom of the page. I thought this was a Masters Seminary project.

It is a project by them but the text of NASB is licensed to them to update it and part of that licensing of the text must include Lockman to hold copyright over the LSB text.

Posts 6005
Simon’s Brother | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 2 2022 11:06 PM

David Paul:

It is a project by them but the text of NASB is licensed to them to update it and part of that licensing of the text must include Lockman to hold copyright over the LSB text.

Posts 3004
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 26 2022 7:41 PM

Joey Midgett:

I hope to see this for sale in Logos soon.

Me too. @Logos, any word on when we might be able to get this? It is a real bummer that the only way I can get a digital text at this time is with Accordance. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 25
Jeremy Hulsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 27 2022 5:19 AM

I would look for it to become available in late April or early May. 

Posts 8
Jake ham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 27 2022 5:31 AM

😭

Posts 76
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 27 2022 5:33 AM

The LSB website posted something recently:

Will the LSB be available on mobile apps, Bible software platforms, and online?

Posts 410
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2022 5:26 PM

Please bring the LSB to Logos asap! Thank you!

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 20
Patrick Lacson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 10 2022 10:50 PM

Any update on the release of the LSB?  Reading through it

Posts 21
Rob Golding | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2022 8:35 AM

LSB in Logos please!

Posts 5130
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 11 2022 9:35 AM

As the OP, I 100% agree, but it is important to note that it just came out today as a full digital file using their app.  As of now, only Accordance has it because they took up the LSB first (which either Logos missed an amazing opportunity or were never asked). 

Now that it is available in the wild, per se, hopefully it will trickle out to other online bible retailers.

You can read it online at https://read.lsbible.org/ 

OR download the Accordance app and read it on your phone. I don't use Accordance but I have to have it to read in their app. You don't need an account to use it (NOR am I promoting it).

http://www.accordancebible.com/LSB/ 

Per their FAQ

Will the LSB be available on mobile apps, Bible software platforms, and online? Work continues on the LSB Footnotes and Strong’s numbers. Once that work is completed, the information will be included in a Master File for the LSB. After formatting and review,  programming files will be available for Accordance, Logos, Literal Word, e-Sword, and other software developers to do their work. An estimated release date for some apps and software that include the Footnotes and Strong’s Numbers is spring of 2022.
Posts 1583
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2022 3:57 PM

It's troubling that we don't even see the LSB in pre-pub yet for Logos even though a certain competitor just completed the whole LSB with Strong's numbers within the past week or so. It automatically updated for me in said competitor's software from NT-only to now include the whole bible.

Can Logos please at least get the text out? We know that Logos' tagging takes longer since Logos does a lot more tagging. I don't want to keep having to open a certain competitor's software when I want to read/compare the LSB.

Posts 25
Jeremy Hulsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2022 4:08 PM

Relax, that's not the final digital file that will be made available to Bible software companies, including Accordance. That's a stand-alone app and is not the same as the final product that will be available to Logos and Accordance at the same time.

Posts 1583
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2022 4:16 PM

Jeremy Hulsey:

Relax, that's not the final digital file that will be made available to Bible software companies, including Accordance. That's a stand-alone app and is not the same as the final product that will be available to Logos and Accordance at the same time.

The version I'm referring to is not in the stand-alone app but actually available in the competitor's bible software. I just used it yesterday on my laptop. I don't have the stand-alone app. They initially made the NT w/ Strong's numbers available for (free) download from their store. They recently updated their version to include the whole bible with Strong's numbers. I just looked at their store, they still have the LSB available for free to be downloaded into their software, only now they include both old and new testaments.

Page 4 of 6 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS