Duplication of a sermon in Sermon Manager

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 12 2020 2:05 AM

Hi there

I am experiencing an odd problem whereby a Sermon is duplicated in the Sermon Manager.  When I view the list of sermons I can see the sermon twice:

Despite the sermons having a different value in the date field - they are the same document.  If I open either they have the same content, changing the content in one (such as the title) changes in the other.  Looking on documents.logos.com I can only see a single sermon:

Clearly something is wrong. Any ideas?

thanks

Paul

Posts 33484
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2020 11:24 PM

27 bump

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3660
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2020 9:31 AM

Paul,

I believe the issue is that this isn't a duplicate sermon. This is the same sermon with two occasions set in the Info panel. So it is treated as the same sermon. If you wanted to use these as two separate sermons and make changes, you need to duplicate the sermon in the Documents Tool by selecting the sermon and using the Duplicate option in the Info Pane.

You cannot have a Document with the same name.

Posts 2
John Soucy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2021 11:12 AM

I wish I had known this before I lost the original sermon. Is there a way to retrieve the original and still keep the new one, which was duplicated with the intention of using much of the original material, but modifying it for a different congregation?

Posts 33484
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2021 12:50 PM
  • Open Documents
  • Click on trash (lower left)
  • This should bring up a web page of your documents
  • In the upper left, select sermon as document type then look for your "lost" sermon and recover it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25228
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2021 1:08 PM

MJ. Smith:

• Open Documents
  • Click on trash (lower left)
  • This should bring up a web page of your documents
  • In the upper left, select sermon as document type then look for your "lost" sermon and recover it.

I don't think this will work MJ. If I understand correctly it is not that the sermon document is lost but that the original contents have been overwritten.

If that is the case, then the only possible option I am aware of is to contact Customer Services and see if they can help

Posts 33484
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2021 2:51 PM

Graham, you're correct ... I read the problem too quickly.

Posts 2
John Soucy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 24 2021 3:20 PM

You are correct; it did not work. That's okay, at least I learned something new, i.e. that if I duplicate the "doc" I won't lose the original information like duplicating it in the Sermon Manager. Hopefully the next time I rework a sermon I will remember this. Thank you, each of you, for your help.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS