3-letter abbreviations of titles

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
David Housholder | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 14 2020 8:15 PM

Using the Faithlife Bible Commentary there are pointers to other resources. If I have them in my library clicking the + opens the item or article. But if I don’t have the book I get a pop up that the book is not in my library. But it doesn’t say what the book is! The only indication is a 3-letter code. In my work tonight the resource in question is noted as EDB. Where do I find what that is?

Dave

Posts 7855
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2020 8:37 PM

That would be EERDMANS DICTIONARY OF THE BIBLE -- Here's the link to the resource which should've opened and showed you in another window where to purchase it.  It usually does that for the resources that are locked.  Anyway, here's the link: https://www.logos.com/product/7841/eerdmans-dictionary-of-the-bible 

You might want to check your price on the Baptist Starter, Lutheran Starter or the Orthodox Starter Base Package since those 3 include that dictionary you're missing and other resources that you might need.

DAL

Ps. I see this is your post number 1 -- Welcome to the forums!

Posts 19139
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2020 8:47 PM

David Housholder:
Using the Faithlife Bible Commentary

Do you mean the Faithlife Study Bible? I don't know of a resource called the Faithlife Bible Commentary.

EDB is Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible. I found that out by clicking on that link in my library, and I do happen to have it.

Normally books that use abbreviations throughout have a section near the beginning saying what all the abbreviations stand for, but the Faithlife Study Bible doesn't. It should!  [EDIT: It does, it turns out, at the end not the beginning (logosres:fsb;art=abbrevs), and it's missing EDB! Mistake.]

Also, I would have thought that if you didn't have a resource it linked to, you would be taken to a page that had an option for you to go to the Logos.com website to buy it if you wanted to, and that would have shown you what the book title was. Evidently the FSB isn't set up that way. I thought it was a universal feature, though. It's been a while since I've encountered a link to a book I don't have in my library, so I can't test it to see if this feature is broken.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS