Paid help isolating God's words in OT

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
CD | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 15 2020 3:33 PM

I hope I am not violating any forum rules with this post, if so please take it down. I started another thread trying to solve this through my own efforts but I can't get what I need without further $ investment beyond what my project allows. I can see that is is very simple with the Starter version or above. Here is what I need.

I need all text where God speaks in the OT. Just what would appear in quotes. I need the Hebrew saved in a RTF with no numbered passages, just the verse with a line space between them. Maybe the book they are from, but not required. Seems like it should be a quick {Speaker <X>} search, hoping $20 payable by PayPal seems reasonable. Please let me know!

Posts 5577
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2020 3:48 PM

Let me save you $20.

Get a free 14 day trial of Faithlife Connect at https://connect.faithlife.com/ and run all the searches you want for two weeks.

Posts 9
CD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 15 2020 7:07 PM

I spent some time with it and can't accomplish what I need. So the offer remains for anyone who can help me with this. Thanks.

Posts 1085
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2020 11:41 AM

I'm not sure this is as straightforward as you might think. The basic search is relatively easy and looks like this for me:

However, you can see there are parts of the verse outside the quotes, so someone would need to figure out how to properly strip the non-spoken part of the verses and ensure they don't have the verse markings you were talking about.

The other issue is that there might be some disputed passages. Do you want the verses that include [likely] theophanies? For instance, I'm sure it could be debated whether the "Commander of the Lord's Army" in Josh 5 is an angel or God himself (because of Joshua 5:15). The search I gave above does not include results from this paragraph, so if you believe this is God speaking, this result will be missing.

Posts 9
CD | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 16 2020 6:49 PM

Hi William, yeah I came to the same conclusion and as a result limited the scope of my project to the Pentateuch because there is a lot of hand editing. It quickly becomes something worth more than $20 and I have therefore decided to just steam ahead and getter done myself. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS